Why become a member? ×

Basses you regretted selling.

Guest McBass

My 1st 'proper' bass, an Aria P that was just built so well, lovely neck... I'd put D'Marzio pups on it & it growled in a very pleasing way...

& also, an Ibanez Roadster II from about 1985.... it just felt cool... sold it complete with quality flight case for £100, to pay a lecy bill!...

Both basses were pretty cheap, but they felt & sounded right at the time I had them....

I've bought and sold a lot of basses since arriving hereand some of the ones that have gone have been great but I always felt I was moving on so don't desperately regret many of them.

The one I'd like to get my hands on again to see if it's as nice as I remember is a lovely Roscoe SKB 4 string in deep emerald green with flamed maple top and slanted pickups. Traded it when I decided to move to 5 strings but then went back to 4 anyway!

My custom finished 1976 Precision. Maple FB, Blue/Purpleburst body and headstock and a Polished solid brass pickguard. Bought it from a mate of a mate, Rog, who played bass for a band called Ginty in the 70's. He also had a 65' but it was out of my price range at the time. Sold also to pay a bill. Because of the custom finish and despite all the right features could not sell it as a Fender. Sold in 2003 for peanuts in comparison to what it was worth on its own to a guy buying up used Guitars, along with a Squier P, various effects pedals and a Trace Elliot GP7215SM 200W combo. Broke my heart, it was the nicest bass I've ever owned. Still does. If anyone see's it around I'd love to see a piccy of the old girl or news of her whereabouts..