Why become a member? ×

'View New Content' -> 'Just items I follow' completely broken here - FIXED

BigBeatNut

When I go to 'View New Content' and the click 'Just Items I follow' the list contains lots of items I DO NOT follow, in addition to a few that I do. Screen shot below, with the few good results (2 out of 25) highlighted.

Is this something you guys can fix ? (I do appreciate you're all doing this for love, not money, BTW)

Thanks, Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316641959' post='1380964']
When I go to 'View New Content' and the click 'Just Items I follow' the list contains lots of items I DO NOT follow, in addition to a few that I do. Screen shot below, with the few good results (2 out of 25) highlighted.

Is this something you guys can fix ? (I do appreciate you're all doing this for love, not money, BTW)

Thanks, Andy
[/quote]

What happens if you de-select 'passed year'? Mine's always 'new since last visit'

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316642801' post='1380975']
What happens if you de-select 'passed year'? Mine's always 'new since last visit'
[/quote]

If I select 'new since last visit' it does as you say de-select 'passed year'. However the topics listed on the first page are exactly the same ones in exactly the same order, i.e. mostly irrelevant to my search as before.

Andy

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1316643245' post='1380987']
I wonder if I've clicked somewhere to 'follow' them? I don't think I have....?
[/quote]
Well, to be absolutely certain, I double-checked by following each link. 23 of the 25 had a 'follow' button, confirming that I had not yet followed them.

My problem is similar enough not to warrant its own thread:

In the picture above, there is a star next to "New Basschat Features". Clicking this star will get the viewer to the first new post on the thread, I believe.

I have now lost all these stars/dots and wotnot. It's especially annoying with huge threads like the Bad Jokes thread. Is there a way to get this back? Is it me? The option was there last time I looked, but not this morning and I haven't been into my control panel at all.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1316665395' post='1381111']

In the picture above, there is a star next to "New Basschat Features". Clicking this star will get the viewer to the first new post on the thread, I believe.

I have now lost all these stars/dots and wotnot. It's especially annoying with huge threads like the Bad Jokes thread. Is there a way to get this back? Is it me? The option was there last time I looked, but not this morning and I haven't been into my control panel at all.
[/quote]

I too have lost that feature this morning.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1316665395' post='1381111']

[/quote]

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1316675041' post='1381143']

I too have lost that feature this morning.
[/quote]

Different issue guys ... its been logged over here --> [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/155983-go-to-first-unread-post-links-missing/"]'Go to first unread post links missing'[/url].

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316641959' post='1380964']

[/quote]

Is anyone looking at this one ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...