Why become a member? ×

Pink Floyd night on the telly

Ou7shined

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1317031503' post='1385562']
I just had my singer (Black female 30ish) thrust her iPhone under my nose saying have you heard this? It`s amazing...
Was playing Comfortably Numb.
She has no knowledge of this band at all :)
I don`t know where to begin..
[/quote]
Tell her "yeah, that's their pop song - now check out there more seminal stuff"..... starting with [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Great Gig In The Sky [/font][/size] :)

It pretty interesting being a Floy fan. everyone has differant angles, views, opinions & loves differant songs for differant reasons. I love this Floyd for that.
For instance i've never liked Roger Water's stuff, my other half loves his music.....i find Radio Chaos horrible & although it has it's moments i dont like the Wall very much Hayley on the other hand thinks it's fantastic.
I'll always have a real love for Dave Gilmours voice & guitar sound, Metallic spheres for instance made me do sex wee when i first heard it & On an island is just a beautiful album.
but down to it all we both have a passion for their music (thats why i knew she was a keeper)

I think Pink Floyd is summed up very well by the prism on the front of Dark side of the moon (Probably the best album cover ever created) everyone see's differant things & feels differant things from a single point. Dont think any other band has or will do that again.

Edited by fumps

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1317038445' post='1385708'] I'll always have a real love for Dave Gilmours voice & guitar sound[/quote]

My equal favourite male singer (along with Seal) and my favourite guitarist bar none.

FWIW George Hardie (DSOTM cover) taught me for 2 weeks at art college. Lovely chap. A vast improvement on the other tutors who were utterly crap!