Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Peavey T-40

mike257

Alright folks,

Got my pretty damn tasty 1980 (as confirmed by Peavey from the S/N) Peavey T-40. I've owned it for about 5 years, bought it from a local fella who deals vintage stuff.

It's black/black/maple, all original, and has the earlier 'toaster' pickups, not the later blade models. Not sure what the differences are but most discussion I've read online favours the toasters.

It's a great sounding bass, with tons of tonal options - if you're not familiar with them there's a big long thread on here espousing their virtues. Bells and whistles include two humbuckers which are coil tapped by the tone controls, an out of phase switch (which also flips which coil is used when the bridge p/u is tapped).

It sounds fantastic, and has tons of sustain. It's in great shape for a bass that's seen over 3 decades in service - the neck is immaculate, and the body has a couple of small knocks that I've tried to show in the pics, but is in pretty good nick all over, with no buckle rash to speak of.

The other interesting thing is the case - it's a slightly tatty but functional Yamaha hardcase that fits the bass pretty perfectly, and all the catches are working fine - but the bonus points are that it is adorned with a sticky 'guest' pass from a Paul McCartney world tour. Don't know who it belonged to, but if you're a Macca fan it's a nice extra.

Here's the bass in all its glory:

[attachment=89367:IMAG0516.jpg][attachment=89368:IMAG0518.jpg][attachment=89369:IMAG0519.jpg][attach
ment=89370:IMAG0520.jpg]
[attachment=89372:IMAG0521.jpg][attachment=89371:IMAG0522.jpg][attachment=89373:IMAG0524.jpg][attach
ment=89376:IMAG0535.jpg]

This is the case with aforementioned McCartney adornment:

[attachment=89374:IMAG0532.jpg]
[attachment=89375:IMAG0533.jpg]

And these are attempted close ups of the little dings on the body:

[attachment=89377:IMAG0525.jpg]
[attachment=89379:IMAG0526.jpg]
[attachment=89378:IMAG0527.jpg]

[s]I'm after [b]£375[/b] of your English Pounds. You can collect from me in sunny Liverpool, or I'll happily arrange a courier at the buyers expense.[/s] Now going to a new home on BC, it's a sad day!

As much as I'd like some new toys, I'm going to have to say no trade offers, as this is reluctantly going to pay the ever-mounting bills.

Enjoy!

Mike

Edited by mike257

Looking good.

I'm with Cocco - if it's the only T-40 you have. . . . you'll be back.

If you go to Bass Guitars section, you will see I have just added the
best youtube review I have seen on the T-40.

It will do one of two things - make you want to keep it or perhaps
help with the sale.

He got his for $200!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is, he was bloody lucky, as
a lot of players have twigged what these are all about and most go for
$350 - $400, in the condition he has, in rare white.

Cheers. :)

Christ, he got a bargain! Can't check the video out as I'm in work, will have a watch later - not that I need convincing how good this bass is. It's a 'needs must' thing, I'd rather not part with it but got to be done. Never come across a white one though, that is rare. I'll definitely be shopping for another one in the future, it's ace :)