Why become a member? ×

Trade feeler - Bacchus Jazz for fretless ***TRADE PENDING***

steve

I quite fancy having another crack at fretless, so I'm offering up my Bachhus jazz as potential trades fodder. Not entirely sure I want to move it on yet but we'll see what happens.

I bought the bass from Clarky recently for £499, so that's the value I'm pitching at, and I'm definately not desparate to shift it so I won't be entertaining any low ball offers. I'll consider px's with cash my way, but don't want to put any cash into the deal. I'll get some pics up if there's any interest, but as I say i'm still mulling this over

[attachment=88894:IMAG0356.jpg]

more pics are available [url="http://flic.kr/s/aHsjw9aQh5"]on my flickr page here[/url]

I added the tort pickguard, I still have the original mint coloured one, which I'm happy to include. The bass is a bit more surf greeny than these pics show

Edited by steve

This is a cracking Jazz with a beautiful nitro finish ( originally sonic blue but faded to a sort of sea foam green) and a really fast neck. As good as a Fender custom shop Jazz IMHO (new prices for Bacchus 62Js are similar to Fender CS too so £499 was a bargain! )

How about my Unlined fretless?

Photos on this thread! --Page 3

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=150742&hl=mighty"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...2&hl=mighty[/url] mite&st=40

Will.

[quote name='2x18' post='1363224' date='Sep 5 2011, 06:36 PM']How about my Unlined fretless?

Photos on this thread! --Page 3

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=150742&hl=mighty"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...2&hl=mighty[/url] mite&st=40

Will.[/quote]

Hi Will, thanks for the offer, it's a bit too bling for me with all that gold hardware

[quote name='steve' post='1363587' date='Sep 5 2011, 11:19 PM']Hi Will, thanks for the offer, it's a bit too bling for me with all that gold hardware[/quote]

No worries Steve, although I would include a large wad of cash so you could " De-bling " it!!

Will.

[quote name='2x18' post='1363782' date='Sep 6 2011, 09:08 AM']No worries Steve, although I would include a large wad of cash so you could " De-bling " it!!

Will.[/quote]

good point Will, can you give me some more info? - by pm if you prefer what's the action and playability like? how's the trussrod, any dings? and how bigs yer wad? (if you pardon the expression :) )

[quote name='Clarky' post='1363190' date='Sep 5 2011, 06:13 PM']This is a cracking Jazz with a beautiful nitro finish ( originally sonic blue but faded to a sort of sea foam green) and a really fast neck. As good as a Fender custom shop Jazz IMHO (new prices for Bacchus 62Js are similar to Fender CS too so £499 was a bargain! )[/quote]

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1363520' date='Sep 5 2011, 10:09 PM']that bass seriously temped me when it was up, if it wasn't for the fact I am funding my masters it possibly would have been mine..... wish I had a fretless to trade. I don't :)[/quote]

bit remiss of me for not mentioning this earlier, but thanks for the positive comments fellas

I will add the bass is a LOT more surf greeny than it appears in Steve's pics - sadly I have deleted my old pics so I cannot chip in here.

Edit: here is a g**tar in a similar colour to how I remember the Bacchus

[attachment=88899:surf1ewrbtrebt.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1365311' date='Sep 7 2011, 02:27 PM']I will add the bass is a LOT more surf greeny than it appears in Steve's pics - sadly I have deleted my old pics so I cannot chip in here.

Edit: here is a g**tar in a similar colour to how I remember the Bacchus

[attachment=88899:surf1ewrbtrebt.jpg][/quote]

Thanks for that Clarky, that's fairly close I think (I'm not in front of the bass now)

bit of sunshine in manchester, so I had a go at a pic in the natural light

[attachment=89014:IMAG0363.jpg]

It still doesn't do it justice tho - must be my pesky phone camera or something.

Anyway, I have a couple of offers I'm mulling over, so one last bump for any latecomers

Edited by steve

[quote name='Clarky' post='1363190' date='Sep 5 2011, 06:13 PM']This is a cracking Jazz with a beautiful nitro finish ( originally sonic blue but faded to a sort of sea foam green) and a really fast neck. As good as a Fender custom shop Jazz IMHO (new prices for Bacchus 62Js are similar to Fender CS too so £499 was a bargain! )[/quote]

Clarky???? who is this imposter! :) :)
Nice bass by the way! :lol: