Why become a member? ×

Say what you want about Dolly Parton...

EBS_freak

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1360556' date='Sep 2 2011, 11:33 PM']You playing out tomorrow then dude? :)[/quote]

Don't know yet. Depends how the computer surgery goes.

By the way, check this (if it is what I think it is) acapella track... To have a band of musicians who are masters at their instruments and who can sing like that is ridiculous.

Edited by EBS_freak

Guest bassman7755

Well who amoungst us is in a position to criticise someone who plays 8 (I think) instruments and has written some of the best selling songs ever (e.g. "I will always love you").

[quote name='bassman7755' post='1362648' date='Sep 5 2011, 10:13 AM']Well who amoungst us is in a position to criticise someone who plays 8 (I think) instruments and has written some of the best selling songs ever (e.g. "I will always love you").[/quote]

Indeed, I was schooled on Dolly Parton in my dad's car on the way to school every morning.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1362667' date='Sep 5 2011, 10:35 AM']I agree,she's getting a bit freaky looking,but she is a fantastic musician.[/quote]

Yup, gone a bit too far with the old surgery me thinks. But hey, if it makes her happy...

Mind you, the Imagination Library that she has set up is testament to what a great character she is. With gestures like that, she can have as much surgery as she wants... it's all paid for afterall. And as she is well known for saying, "it takes a lot of money to look this cheap". At least she hasn't lost her sense of humour.

Anyway, you only got to look at all the great songs she has written to see what a talent she is. OK, it may not be my preferred style of music but she certainly is a master of penning a good country song.

She even made Cat Steven's Peace Train have balls.

Edited by EBS_freak