Why become a member? ×

* BOTH SOLD * Rien va' plus

Grand Wazoo

[b]*** NOW SOLD ***[/b]

[s]Ok before you say [b][size=3]HOW[/size] [size=4]M[/size][size=5]U[/size][size=6]C[/size][size=7]H?[/size][/b]

This deal might or might not be of interest to you at this price but you have to appreciate what went on this, so allow me to give you a breakdown:

[b]SQUIRE - '60'S CLASSIC VIBE- FIESTA RED[/b]

1.) The Bass - Squier Classic Vibe Precision Fiesta Red model = £310
2.) The Neck - Mighty Mite whole maple neck / fingerboard = £120 - It has been resprayed with 3 coats of antique amber tint and it has a Fender 60's decal sealed under the amber lacquer.
3.) The Pickup - Jason Lollar Split Pickup = £99
4.) The Nut - Real Bone nut = £60 incl cut / fit by professionals
5.) The Pickguard - Original Fender Pearl White Pickguard = £24
6.) The Guts - Complete wiring loom & CTS pots with waxed cloth wires and paper/oil capacitor + Switchkraft input socket = £24.99
7.) Machineheads - Original Fender Reverse Tuners & matching ferrules = £80

Add all those up and you get £657.99 therefore the asking price of £450 is more than fair considering the bass plays and feels like something twice the price.

Bear in mind that I am not desperate to sell it, and if it doesn't sell at this price, I'll be more than happy to keep it as it is perhaps one of my favourite 4 strings non fan fretted instrument, and the only reason I want to sell this and the '51 Squier CV, it's because I got hit by the American Standard bug and after the excellent P Bass I got 2 weeks ago, now I am after an exactly similar colour Fender Am Standard Jazz to match.[/s]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=4]*** NOW SOLD *** [/size][s][b]SECOND BASS - BUTTERSCOTCH BLONDE '51'S CLASSIC VIBE[/b]

1.) The Bass - Squier Classic Vibe '51 Precision Butterscotch Blonde model = £329
2.) The Pickup - Lindy Fralin hum cancelling split single pickup = £99
3.) The Nut - Real Bone nut = £60 incl cut / fit by professionals
4.) The Guts - Complete wiring loom & CTS pots with waxed cloth wires and paper/oil capacitor + Switchkraft input socket = £24.99
5.) Machineheads - Original Fender Reverse Tuners & matching ferrules = £80

Total of all above = £592.99 - Asking price £450

Once again this is another masterpiece of a bass, very light, resonant thanks to the pine wood, and the Lindy Fralin pickup has given it a very individual voice.[/s]

Squier Classic Vibe basses are an excellent platform for modding, I have had 5 of them so far and they have all been consistent in build quality, they have excellent resonant woods such as basswood and pine (51 butterscotch) The only thing that lets them down is, in my views everything on the pickguard and inside it. Although when you pick one up in a shop and you try them, you are immediately impressed by how it sounds and play, but sadly when you compare their sound to that of more expensive quality bass you do realize that the pickups used in the CV's are on the thin side and lack of mids, bass. Another thing that I have found to be inconsistent in the long run is their machineheads, therefore I have changed them with Fender original reverse tuners, and also opted for what I believe is the best media for a nut by having a real bone block cut and shaped and the result has paid off.

Both basses's control cavities have been insulated with copper tape, they are extremely quiet and no static, if you play your normal non modded classic vibe up close to an amp and you take your hands away from it, you will immediately notice a loud buzz and static which was another reason why for the 51 Butterscotch I have opted for a Lindy Fralin that whilst maintaining the single coil features of the original is acutally a split / reverse coil that works as hum cancelling, otherwise you'd have never been able to tame the hum on those basses, try and record with one, you'll know why. See this link: [url="http://angela.com/lindyfralinsplitcoilpickupforfender51precisionbass.aspx"]http://angela.com/lindyfralinsplitcoilpick...cisionbass.aspx[/url]

If you want a bass that will stand up to the quality of Fender USA and MIJ (and definately surpasses that of the mexican extraction) then this will be perfect for you, already modded and souped up to take on both live and studio work, Lollar and Fralin are quality pickups and both give these basses a full sound which is perfectly balanced from low to mids to high presence. the tone control on these basses works perfectly and you can definately hear the full sweep from 0 to 10 with different tonality at every point in their course.

Edited by Grand Wazoo

Great description GW, and they seem fairly priced for the massive upgrades.

I have done exactly the same, I have a AS P Bass 3TS/Tort/Rosewood, which is a dream to play. Ive just ordered a Jazz in the same spec to go along with it, (from GAK).

All the best with the sale, nice lookers!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1349974' date='Aug 24 2011, 10:02 AM']Great description GW, and they seem fairly priced for the massive upgrades.

I have done exactly the same, I have a AS P Bass 3TS/Tort/Rosewood, which is a dream to play. Ive just ordered a Jazz in the same spec to go along with it, (from GAK).

All the best with the sale, nice lookers![/quote]

Thanks Darren, hopefully people who appreciates attention to details and the hard work to achieve it, will understand the reason for the prices on these basses.

There isn't a lot you can get for £450 with such quality parts after all.

Thanks for looking.

[quote name='tom1946' post='1350953' date='Aug 25 2011, 06:37 AM']Gorgeous!
I thought the CV necks were the best bit? can I ask why you changed it?

If I didn't have to stop playing due to arthritis I'd have the red one. No question.[/quote]

Because I am an anti-rosewood fretboard sorta guy. I only like maple fretboards, that's why I changed it, I sold the rosewood neck here to a basschatter in a matter of seconds from posting the ad.

As you can see in my sig pic 99% of my basses are maple except the one in the middle which has a "wenge" one and did not come in a maple option so I had to give in. Still... it's very different sounding from rosewood so I can live with it.

[quote name='Papalampraina' post='1351173' date='Aug 25 2011, 11:48 AM']Great, great, great basses with excellent mods. Also, long live maple!
Btw, can you send outside of the UK, but inside the EU?
I have some stuff for sale locally, so if you don't sell them by September, maybe I can start dreaming. :)
Oh and bump![/quote]

For postage to Greece, add £98 (each if you wanted both i.e. £98 x 2 = £196) I have just checked with Royal Mail / Parcelforce on line and that is what it costs according to parcel size & weight, bear in mind that this price is without the additional charge of £25 each for insurance cover up to full recovery i.e. £700 per piece but that is for you to decide, I can send uninsured and scan you my proof of postage then email it to you, but if it the parcel is lost or damaged after I send it, I cannot be held liable. Hence insurance is higlhy recommended.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1351192' date='Aug 25 2011, 11:59 AM']For postage to Greece, add £98 (each if you wanted both i.e. £98 x 2 = £196) I have just checked with Royal Mail / Parcelforce on line and that is what it costs according to parcel size & weight, bear in mind that this price is without the additional charge of £25 each for insurance cover up to full recovery i.e. £700 per piece but that is for you to decide, I can send uninsured and scan you my proof of postage then email it to you, but if it the parcel is lost or damaged after I send it, I cannot be held liable. Hence insurance is higlhy recommended.[/quote]

Just a thought - have you tried pricing international postage with interparcel?
They use Parcel Force etc. at lower prices.

Cheers,
Steve.

[quote name='redstriper' post='1352123' date='Aug 26 2011, 10:32 AM']Just a thought - have you tried pricing international postage with interparcel?
They use Parcel Force etc. at lower prices.

Cheers,
Steve.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, if I get any international interest I will consider it. Cheeers

[quote name='cocco' post='1352529' date='Aug 26 2011, 03:01 PM']If I had some cash I'd bite your arms and legs off for the butterscotch one. these look amazing! You buying another Dingwall?[/quote]

Haha, actually I'm after a Fender American Standard Jazz, for the time being I have all the Dingwall's I need

Cheers Cocco :)

Hey

incredibly interested in the butterscotch model, (joined the forum simply to post on this thread) couple of questions, would it be £450 delivered (not got any shows down your end soon so pickup wouldn't be an option), does it come with a case ? also can you tell me how that pickup sounds compared to the stacked options that you get on the mike dirnt 51 reissues or indeed to a normal humbucker. Played the stock model of the 51 reissue and loved it only thing i felt was that it needed more bottom end.

Cheers mate

[quote name='Gary.MSAT' post='1353833' date='Aug 27 2011, 07:22 PM']Hey

incredibly interested in the butterscotch model, (joined the forum simply to post on this thread) couple of questions, would it be £450 delivered (not got any shows down your end soon so pickup wouldn't be an option), does it come with a case ? also can you tell me how that pickup sounds compared to the stacked options that you get on the mike dirnt 51 reissues or indeed to a normal humbucker. Played the stock model of the 51 reissue and loved it only thing i felt was that it needed more bottom end.

Cheers mate[/quote]

Hi Gary, thank you for your enquiry, I'll try to answer your questions one by one

1.) on the subject of delivery cost, as you have read in the original post a lot of components have got to this bass that I couldn't afford to send it for free at a loss.
2.) I have the original but very sturdy cardboard box in which it was shipped to me from the store and that together with my style of packing with bubble pack and polystirene inserts I can make it bomb proof for delivery (check my feedback in my signature to read people comments on my packing and shipping or if you wish to collect, I would be more than happy. However there is no case for these basses.
3.) the pickup sound: well the reason I have fitted a Lindy Fralin was because the original pickup was a joke, this one now gives it full spectrum and yes plenty bottom, mids and highs. It is fantastic now.

I am presently on a trip to Ireland that's why I haven't had much time to anser early I will be back in London on Tues 30th, get in touch with me if you are interested drop me a pm.

Cheers

[attachment=88571:receipt.jpg]Just for the record, I have posted the parcel with Parcel Force with an insurance cover up to £500 and the total was as follows:

ParcelForce 48hrs delivery = £14.25
Insurance up to £500 = £14.70
Total = £28.95 for total peace of mind.

See attached receipt.

Edited by Grand Wazoo

The Squier 60's Precision with a Fender spaghetti logo on the headstock is still available for sale, the Butterscotch 51 Precision was sold.

The Fiesta Red has an amazing Mighty Mite neck, fitted with Fender original ferrules and reverse tuners, on the body is a period correct Jason Lollar Vintage AlNiCo V pickup, this bass has a hell of a growl and a ballsy deep sound.

If you have any questions pm me. Thanks