Why become a member? ×

Got bored in the studio so decided to have a bit of fun!

JakeBrownBass

Whats the deal with that \'Hot Sauce\' thing on your Sound Cloud page....... looks very familiar :)

[url="http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/?action=view&current=artworks-000008551012-hb5qw7-original.png"][/url]

Or......

Edited by crez5150

[quote name='crez5150' post='1349727' date='Aug 23 2011, 11:52 PM']Whats the deal with that \'Hot Sauce\' thing on your Sound Cloud page....... looks very familiar :)

[url="http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/?action=view&current=artworks-000008551012-hb5qw7-original.png"][/url][/quote]

Wow thats embarrassing, I'm sorry mate, a friend's making a website & sent me that logo for a small function group of mine.

I didn't realise he stole the idea :lol:

He's on holiday at the moment but I'll be sure to have words when he's back. :)

Edited by J.R.Bass

Don't know but it's very similar.....

No worries.... but that Logo is what we use on all our advertising and web related stuff so don't really want to confuse the issue with other bands.....

There are other band's called Hot Sauce anyway. Is your function band called Hot Sauce too?

Jay

[quote name='crez5150' post='1349770' date='Aug 24 2011, 12:35 AM']Don't know but it's very similar.....

No worries.... but that Logo is what we use on all our advertising and web related stuff so don't really want to confuse the issue with other bands.....

There are other band's called Hot Sauce anyway. Is your function band called Hot Sauce too?

Jay[/quote]

Well we use 2 names, same band but ones electric and the others a fully acoustic band. Weve been using hot sauce for the 9 piece electric band for just over a year because it was a catchphrase we all used. The guitarist checked online about the name and said he'd seen acouple others but they were all down south so we didn't worry too much, but the logo similarities are too far. Don't want anything getting mixed up or people getting confused.

We've not had to do any advertising as all are gigs have come from word of mouth and other contacts up north.

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1349787' date='Aug 24 2011, 12:56 AM']i loved it when jay z did the back in black riff at glasto. One of my all time favourite moments.

The sound you've managed is wicked though, im guessing its a home studio? if so your one lucky bugger :)[/quote]

Yeah it's a home studio, it's not mine though, it's my uncles.

Free reign to it though pretty much whenever I want :)

Sounds good. Nice idea really. In terms of the recording, the drums could have been done with being in stereo and I think both the guitar and bass solos were a bit out of time in places, as were the riffs at the beginning. It sounded like you needed a couple of bars to "get into" doing the new riffs. Overall though, not too bad if you've not done much in the way of recording stuff before.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1349967' date='Aug 24 2011, 09:57 AM']Sounds good. Nice idea really. In terms of the recording, the drums could have been done with being in stereo and I think both the guitar and bass solos were a bit out of time in places, as were the riffs at the beginning. It sounded like you needed a couple of bars to "get into" doing the new riffs. Overall though, not too bad if you've not done much in the way of recording stuff before.[/quote]

Cheers for that. It was done at the end of a 12 hour recording session just to lighten the mood a bit, juts a bit of fun ya'know. We don't take ourselves to serious on stuff like this. All done on the fly. 1 take.

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='1349792' date='Aug 24 2011, 01:03 AM']Yeah it's a home studio, it's not mine though, it's my uncles.

Free reign to it though pretty much whenever I want :)

[/quote]
Careful you dont spill that Stella in there J.R. uncle bass will not be happy!! :)