Why become a member? ×

Ear plugs - musicians

tonyclaret

Had a set of ACS 17's made a few months back. Still getting used to them as for some it just seems to knock out too much, but I am assured by others that with regular useage your ears reattune themselves - it's just a bit hard at some quieter gigs

Like a few people here, I put mine in at the start of the night and they don't come out until I get in the car to go home! I to was concerned as to which filters I needed, I went for the 15's, as a few people had told me the 25's are too much for 'normal' use. Unless you're playing for the damned stick with some 15's.
For me they made gigging even more enjoyable, because it sounded like everything was turned down, you can enjoy the sound, but because everything is actually cranked up you can feel everything still!
If Im going to a gig to watch, Ill take them. If Im going to a club, Ill take them. If Im going to a loud pub, Ill take them.

Best musical investment.

Dan

I just got some Alpine Musicsafe Classics, as I found I had whistling ears after a gig with my old Doc's ProPlugs. Very comfortable, with shorter stalks than the ER20's, which means you look less like a TellyTubby when you have them in. Mine have gold and silver interchangeable filters. Not tried the silvers yet, but the gold ones are great for the motorbike and for sleeping after a night shift! Will be trying them out in rehearsal today.

[quote name='pietruszka' post='1349970' date='Aug 24 2011, 10:01 AM']Like a few people here, I put mine in at the start of the night and they don't come out until I get in the car to go home! I to was concerned as to which filters I needed, I went for the 15's, as a few people had told me the 25's are too much for 'normal' use. Unless you're playing for the damned stick with some 15's.
For me they made gigging even more enjoyable, because it sounded like everything was turned down, you can enjoy the sound, but because everything is actually cranked up you can feel everything still!
If Im going to a gig to watch, Ill take them. If Im going to a club, Ill take them. If Im going to a loud pub, Ill take them.

Best musical investment.

Dan[/quote]

Well Dan, having read all the reponses on here and on other forums it appears the ER15's are a popular choice.

So, I'm booked into to Boots on Friday to get some moulds done. Worth mentioning ,if you join their Priority club, which you can do when ordering and arranging the fitting it automatically allows you to take on advantage on the discounted offers, if this case it should save me £25, think they are coming in at £148.00 or thereabouts. Must admit i'm a bit wary but, i have to do it simples! I wanna rock till I die!

I'll let everyone know my thoughts when i get them to a gig.

Tony

[quote name='tonyclaret' post='1350175' date='Aug 24 2011, 12:55 PM']Well Dan, having read all the reponses on here and on other forums it appears the ER15's are a popular choice.

So, I'm booked into to Boots on Friday to get some moulds done. Worth mentioning ,if you join their Priority club, which you can do when ordering and arranging the fitting it automatically allows you to take on advantage on the discounted offers, if this case it should save me £25, think they are coming in at £148.00 or thereabouts. Must admit i'm a bit wary but, i have to do it simples! I wanna rock till I die!

I'll let everyone know my thoughts when i get them to a gig.

Tony[/quote]

Yes, I forgot to mention the priority club discount.

Honestly, you will not regret it. Just stick with it as you get used to it - it will take a few gigs (did with me), but do not give up, you will grow to love it. I will NOT play without mine.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1350236' date='Aug 24 2011, 01:39 PM']I'd ask about an ACS service, I'm not sure if there is a cost, where they will save the info so that your mould can be remade without the need, and cost, of another fitting.[/quote]

As far as Im aware, thats the standard with them now. They keep your moulds on a digital file for 4 years.

Pleased you're going for them Tony. When I first got mine I put them straight in, and thought I had a dodgy pair. There was no difference in hearing people talk, then I sat in front of my studio monitors and cranked them. I thought they sounded good then took the plugs out and my god I had those speakers loud! They are incredible.

Dan