Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gallien Krueger MB amps

Owen

I have an MB200. It's great! However recently I've found it does (contrary to previous statements I've made) rather run out of puff on LOUD gigs so you lose any real balls to your sound. But it has held its own on a fair few occasions and is great for a rehearsal amp and a backup coz it's so bloody small!

I do prefer my Eden WT550 tonally though, mainly due to headroom I suspect.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1347579' date='Aug 21 2011, 09:58 PM']Starting to wonder if it ever will![/quote]
I have only just become aware of it, so I am still excited! I am aware that it is not appearing quite as quickly as it might.

Another (happy) MB500 user here to chime in - it's a cracking little head for the money! Seriously, for the price point, it has a lot going for it (and there's plenty of small 500w Class D heads in the same price bracket too). Found it to be really versatile, and an ideal partner to my heavyweight EBS cabs (both the 4x10 and 1x15 are 4 Ohms so I can only use one at a time). Has plenty of steam left in it, especially powering my meaty 4x10!

Had mine for a couple of years and it's been pretty much faultless. Had a little hiccup with it not so long back but that was easily cured with a screwdriver and nut-spinner :)

HTH,
Ian

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1347636' date='Aug 21 2011, 11:05 PM']Well you guys have the 200 and 500 covered, I'll complete the collection with the fusion. :)

Love it! Loads of tonal options and it breaks up nicely. It has plenty of power with the neo 212s I use.[/quote]
Do you have any soundclips of it? Part if me still tempted to swap the Eden and MB200 for the MB Fusion..... I'd probably miss my Eden a lot though, it is awesome and by far the best amp I've used :)

[quote name='owen' post='1350846' date='Aug 24 2011, 10:38 PM']Just scored the MB Fusion in the Amps for sale forum! Happy days! (Sorry Merton)[/quote]
Nah, it's a good thing, I've got 2 great amps and I'd get murdered if I bought this! Let us know how you get along with it though :)

[quote name='Merton' post='1349362' date='Aug 23 2011, 07:54 PM']Do you have any soundclips of it? Part if me still tempted to swap the Eden and MB200 for the MB Fusion..... I'd probably miss my Eden a lot though, it is awesome and by far the best amp I've used :)[/quote]

If you look up lil jim's big squeeze on facebook, we're releasing cheatin n creepin on Sunday and it's available for download free for a week I think, I used it on that. I don't have a set up at home that let's me record amps though so it's only releases that I use my Gks on.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1351615' date='Aug 25 2011, 06:38 PM']If you look up lil jim's big squeeze on facebook, we're releasing cheatin n creepin on Sunday and it's available for download free for a week I think, I used it on that. I don't have a set up at home that let's me record amps though so it's only releases that I use my Gks on.[/quote]
Cheers bud!

I use the MB200 and I love it as well... its only 200w and my cab is 8ohm (Bag End S15X-D) so I'm only getting about 140w out of it but it sounds much much louder... still as Merton said earlier it can run out of steam on a very loud gig.
My main head up to now is the Markbass LMII which I was very happy with till I tried the little MB200... now I am also considering retiring the LMII in favour of either the MB500 or the MB800 for my louder gigs which are mostly just weddings and functions but in bigger hotels and function rooms where you need a bit of extra grunt... The GK tone is definitely doing it for me though... all my basses sound great thru this little mamma!! Even if I buy one of the more powerful MB heads I would not sell the MB200... its a fab little piece of kit and almost fits in yer pocket!!

Is anyone using an MB head with any of the newer GK cabs like the Neo series or the MBE series?

Edited by Tradfusion