Why become a member? ×

EBMM Stingray 4 3EQ 2002 Teal green/maple/case

stingrayPete1977

[b]WITHDRAWN[/b]

Not 100% sure about moving this on as I bought it new from Sound Control in Birmingham in 2002 and have gigged it loads since. Its a 3EQ and it was my main bass for years until I bought the pre EB just over a year ago, also since then I have bought the SR5 which gets used the most leaving this bass the least used mainly for its lack of B string more than anything else. It has one little chip on the edge near the arm contour (could be touched in easy if you wanted) and some general wear and tear but Im sure it will clean it up nice, I will post some better pics once I have cleaned it properly and charged the camera. Teal and maple is an awesome combination for any Ray and it shows what a nice lump of wood it is too, The neck has aged to a nice honey colour and is super slick. The original case is scuffed up here and there but has no damage as such inside or out.

[attachment=87580:Teal_Ray.JPG]

OK so for now Im thinking trades only and they will have to be 5 string models only (really no 4's sorry, if I wanted a really nice 4 I would just keep this one :) )
Im thinking nice Jazz, Lakland, G&L , MM any models with 5 strings really.
Im in the Staffordshire area BTW.
Thanks for looking :lol:

Thanks and my feedback [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=139610&hl=stingrayPete1977"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...tingrayPete1977[/url]

[b]Some more pics[/b]

The flash has lit up the dust but its just normal smoothing of the plastic grain here and a bit of tarnish to the pole pieces.
[attachment=88077:SR4_pup_and_bridge.jpg]

Only a few top of the head marks compared to many (might just polish off?)
[attachment=88078:SR4_head.jpg]

Hard to snap the fret wear, Its really not bad but this is a 10 year old bass thats been played not hung on the studio wall.
[attachment=88079:SR4_first_5_frets.jpg]

This is the front of the case which has a few scrapes but the flash has lit them up worse than they are.
[attachment=88080:SR4_case.jpg]

one showing the case which is in better nick than I thought really, The inside is spotless and its not bust on the corners etc just scuffed mainly on the back.
[attachment=87582:EBMM_SR4.jpg]

And here is one of the little chip, The flash has lit it up way more than it looks in real life its only about 3mm by 4mm and a blob of closely matched nail varnish would make it hard to find. Its also on the back edge rather than the front.
[attachment=87581:EBMM_SR4_chip.jpg]

No dings on the neck but this is a used bass nearly 10 years old so if you want new go spend another £700+ :) Feel free to come and see it if your near enough.

[b]Revised listing for trades only now and for these basses only and must be 5'ers,
G&L
MM
Fender
Lakland[/b]

If I think of more I will add them later.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1347191' date='Aug 21 2011, 03:01 PM']Not 100% sure about moving this on as I bought it new from Sound Control in Birmingham in 2002 and have gigged it loads since. Its a 3EQ and it was my main bass for years until I bought the pre EB just over a year ago, also since then I have bought the SR5 which gets used the most leaving this bass the least used mainly for its lack of B string more than anything else. It has one little chip on the edge near the arm contour (could be touched in easy if you wanted) and some general wear and tear but Im sure it will clean it up nice, I will post some better pics once I have cleaned it properly and charged the camera. Teal and maple is an awesome combination for any Ray and it shows what a nice lump of wood it is too, The neck has aged to a nice honey colour and is super slick. The original case is scuffed up here and there but has no damage as such inside or out.

OK so for now Im thinking trades only and they will have to be 5 string models only (really no 4's sorry, if I wanted a really nice 4 I would just keep this one :) )
Im thinking if I were to sell it then it would be no less than £725, any less I might as well keep it so thats the region for trades to be aimed at plus or minus £200 ish. Im thinking nice Jazz, Lakland, G&L anything with 5 strings really but Im not a pointy fan nor an Ibby/Yammy/warwick sort of guy.

Pics later and for now £725 collected firm or WHY?
Thanks for looking :)

Thanks and my feedback [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=139610&hl=stingrayPete1977"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...tingrayPete1977[/url][/quote]

dont do it, i sold my teal stingray and i want it back. Theres no better colour for a stingray!

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1347205' date='Aug 21 2011, 03:24 PM']dont do it, i sold my teal stingray and i want it back. Theres no better colour for a stingray![/quote]
I know, Its fairly rare I believe? Its a right slap monster too :) Not enough money or room in my cupboard for another five without moving something on first :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1347210' date='Aug 21 2011, 03:31 PM']I know, Its fairly rare I believe? Its a right slap monster too :) Not enough money or room in my cupboard for another five without moving something on first :)[/quote]
Looks great are you considering a Mayones Jabba ?
Probably not your thing but i have a MTD KZ5string i bought from bass direct for trade.
A Good luck bump.
John

That's real nice John but not really what I'm after, Still a bit old fashioned I am :)

As for the Mayones I'm thinking if I can't do a trade I might save up and see what bass direct has nearer Christmas to tempt me. I really haven't the room for more gear and I like everything to get used regularly :)

I think to make this fair as has been highlighted from my pm's over that loveley looking G&L 5500 unless its a model Im familiar with any trade would need to be done in person I think, Its unfair to wrap/post a bass for me to try out unless Im serious but I cant be 100% serious if I dont know if I will like it can I?
Anything interesting near enough to try out is worth a pm and a cup of tea at a time to suit everyone other than that if its going to need to be posted for approval to make it fair for all Im saying trades for these only-

[b]G&L L2500K
Lakland anything with 5 strings is worth a pm,
USA Fender Jazz V's,
Maybe even another StingRay 5 [/b]

I will add to the list if I think of any others thanks :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1347191' date='Aug 21 2011, 03:01 PM']Not 100% sure about moving this on as I bought it new from Sound Control in Birmingham in 2002 and have gigged it loads since. Its a 3EQ and it was my main bass for years until I bought the pre EB just over a year ago, also since then I have bought the SR5 which gets used the most leaving this bass the least used mainly for its lack of B string more than anything else. It has one little chip on the edge near the arm contour (could be touched in easy if you wanted) and some general wear and tear but Im sure it will clean it up nice, I will post some better pics once I have cleaned it properly and charged the camera. Teal and maple is an awesome combination for any Ray and it shows what a nice lump of wood it is too, The neck has aged to a nice honey colour and is super slick. The original case is scuffed up here and there but has no damage as such inside or out.

Im thinking nice Jazz, Lakland, G&L , MM any models with 5 strings really.
Thanks for looking :P

Thanks and my feedback [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=139610&hl=stingrayPete1977"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...tingrayPete1977[/url]

[b]Some more pics[/b]

The flash has lit up the dust but its just normal smoothing of the plastic grain here and a bit of tarnish to the pole pieces.
[attachment=88077:SR4_pup_and_bridge.jpg]

Only a few top of the head marks compared to many (might just polish off?)
[attachment=88078:SR4_head.jpg]

Hard to snap the fret wear, Its really not bad but this is a 10 year old bass thats been played not hung on the studio wall.
[attachment=88079:SR4_first_5_frets.jpg]

This is the front of the case which has a few scrapes but the flash has lit them up worse than they are.
[attachment=88080:SR4_case.jpg]

one showing the case which is in better nick than I thought really, The inside is spotless and its not bust on the corners etc just scuffed mainly on the back.
[attachment=87582:EBMM_SR4.jpg]

And here is one of the little chip, The flash has lit it up way more than it looks in real life its only about 3mm by 4mm and a blob of closely matched nail varnish would make it hard to find. Its also on the back edge rather than the front.
[attachment=87581:EBMM_SR4_chip.jpg]

No dings on the neck but this is a used bass nearly 10 years old so if you want new go spend another £700+ :) Feel free to come and see it if your near enough.

[b]Revised listing for trades only now and for these basses only and must be 5'ers,
G&L
MM
Fender
Lakland[/b]

If I think of more I will add them later.[/quote]

Yum!
Would love a 3EQ like that with Chromes in my arsenal. But my G&L L2500 is a Tribute series and far from the value of yours (and I already committed to a sonic blue Classic Player Strat my guitarist is selling next month).

Are you going to change your avatar? It feels like the end of an era! :D

Edit: unless you'd want the G&L plus... my fretless OLP :lol: ha! yeah, not really serious, but the sole idea of you owning an OLP made me really laugh :lol:

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='mcnach' post='1356794' date='Aug 30 2011, 08:25 PM']Yum!
Would love a 3EQ like that with Chromes in my arsenal. But my G&L L2500 is a Tribute series and far from the value of yours (and I already committed to a sonic blue Classic Player Strat my guitarist is selling next month).

Are you going to change your avatar? It feels like the end of an era! :lol:

Edit: unless you'd want the G&L plus... my fretless OLP :P ha! yeah, not really serious, but the sole idea of you owning an OLP made me really laugh :)[/quote]

I'm starting to think about just buying more basses and just keep this one, I'm going to try a Classic Ray 5 soon if it's good maybe a new avatar with all four Rays will be in order :D How are you getting on with the album anyway? The second one is coming together quite quickly although I have not played on it yet! Soon though I'm sure :)