Why become a member? ×

Recording Software

Dropzone

[quote name='51m0n' post='1356156' date='Aug 30 2011, 12:09 PM']:)

Hope it gives you something more than Cubase 1, any questions just ask![/quote]

Thanks Simon, I will :)
I'm going to wait until I get some free time ahead before tackling it and I must admit I'm not really looking forward to learning all the new stuff after just about getting to grips with cubase.
After 5 years, I'm still finding new short cuts etc. - I'm a slow learner.
But Reaper sure looks pretty and all those extra plug ins are calling....... I wonder if my Waves diamond pack will work with it, or whether I'll even need it?
Also don't know whether to install it on the macbook or windows xp laptop, both about 4 years old - what do you think?

Steve.

Yes, it was about £25 when I bought my copy.

The download will not expire, it will nag the hell out of you, and rightfully so.

If you find yourself using it after 30 days you should buy a licence, its the decent thing to do after all.

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='redstriper' post='1356323' date='Aug 30 2011, 02:33 PM']OK I get it now - it's an honour system where you only pay for it if you're honourable and it's not expensive anyway.

I like this business model :)[/quote]

Its an incredibly trusting and fair approach. It really does let you try out the software in a variety of ways before you commit even that little bit of cash.

Another Reaper user here, it's excellent, I find it's fast, stable, cheap and easier to use then Cubase - it also has some great routing options for creating weird sounds.

FYI - I use it with the free Sample Tank player loaded and some sample libraries purchased cheaply from Ebay in the US.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1356353' date='Aug 30 2011, 02:58 PM']I'm trying it at the moment on my laptop. It's frustrating to be so slow again, but i'm sure i'll learn this faster than cubase. One thing i'm missing is a list of keyboard shortcuts - anyone got one?[/quote]

shift->F1 in Reaper will open a browser with a full list of standard shortcuts and mouse modifiers....

Their honest business model, fair pricing and their dislike of DRM is worth supporting by buying a licence. The $60 fee works out at around £37 or so which is still a bargain. It's handy that the demo still works after 30 days as it's taking me longer than that to give it a good work out. I'm 99% convinced so will be buying it this week.