Why become a member? ×

Momark?

gafbass02

My curiosity about the momark is piqued. Especially because they have a graphic module (my preferred method of eq'ing) they seem a tad chunky, Id expect they wouldn't fit in my igig pocket which is a downside, I'm thinking of either a momark or an F1. I kinda fancy trying one just cause I like the idea. No-where near I can try one out sadly.
Anyone got experience/thoughts?

I got mine from Bass Direct (Warwick) -500w power frame, solid state pre-amp (w/mute switch), blank EQ section and VPF/VLE on output stage. It was more expensive than a LM3 but I was prepared to pay this for the ability to swap out/upgrade the power amp and/or modules if I wanted to. I've had mine for approx 18 months and use it to go backline only in my pub covers band. It's a great amp IMO and I've been very happy with it. I've since changed the pre-amp to a tube pre-amp on a whim and found like the sound of this even better. I ordered it from Mark at BD on the Friday morning, it arrived the next morning and was swapped out 5 minutes later - job done! :)

Edited by gazhowe

Very tempting. I could try the drive to bass direct. Thing is the long solo drive is a bit scary (new driver) plus the petrol price for the return journey is steep when I wouldnt be buying from Mark (sadly much cheaper from thomann). Migh be a fun road trip for me 'n Dave though.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1341842' date='Aug 16 2011, 01:15 PM']Very tempting. I could try the drive to bass direct. Thing is the long solo drive is a bit scary (new driver) plus the petrol price for the return journey is steep when I wouldnt be buying from Mark (sadly much cheaper from thomann). Migh be a fun road trip for me 'n Dave though.[/quote]

Im in Cheltenham and not the most confident driver in the world but its actually a pretty nice and easy drive up if you leave a bit later in the morning and avoid the traffic. Also if I drive at a sensible speed and take it easy the needle hardly moves in my polo (it is a diesel though). I will drop you a PM if I decide to head up on my own anytime soon.

P.S. I am sure Mark would do a deal/price match if it came to it and you would get superb support from him if anything went wrong.

Edited by NJE

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1341842' date='Aug 16 2011, 01:15 PM']Very tempting. I could try the drive to bass direct. Thing is the long solo drive is a bit scary (new driver) plus the petrol price for the return journey is steep when I wouldnt be buying from Mark (sadly much cheaper from thomann). Migh be a fun road trip for me 'n Dave though.[/quote]

I drove to Bass Direct from Newcastle. IME the scariest thing was how much I was tempted to spend while I was there. :)