Why become a member? ×

Wal JG Custom ProII + Shergold Modulator + Sunno)) Mustang

Crimble

I'm selling a part of my collection. More should come soon...
Clic on pictures to see more.

[b]Sunn Mustang[/b] (FMIC) - 80's
PB style. Black
upgrade: Seymour Bassline SPB2 (Hot Pbass) + Badass2 + black pickguard
250€ - RESERVED
with gigbag.
[url="http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/Crimble/Sunn%20Mustang%20Bass/?action=view&current=b99aabf9.pbw"][/url]

-----

[b]Shergold Modulator Bass 4 - 1976[/b]
Natural
2 Modules: N°4 Stereo + N°5 Recording
1200€
with a hadcase, not the original one, in bad condition.
[url="http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/Crimble/Shergold/?action=view&current=7a42bba1.pbw"][/url]

-----

[b]Wal JG Custom Pro II - 1978[/b]
Natural
Model JG1115 built for Alec Kouyoumjian
a bit of work on it possible: the leather pickguard is not the original one, and I think the last owner glued it, first layer stay on the bass when I tried to remove the pickguard; the trussrod maybe to change, it rotate without any action (my luthier said that); all 5 knobs are working well (no parasites sounds), but 4 of them are broken, 1 button is missing.
3000€ - 200 € for the luthier works = 2800€ or [u]trade with a Wal Mach II[/u]
with a real FLYCASE made for it.
[url="http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/Crimble/Wal%20Pro%20II/?action=view&current=a4a5824a.pbw"][/url]

Edited by Crimble

[quote]Wal JG Custom Pro II - 1978
Natural
Model JG1115 built for Alec Kouyoumjian
a bit of work on it possible: the leather pickguard is not the original one, and I think the last owner glued it and the trussrod maybe to change.
3000€[/quote]

I am definitely interested in this bass, please put me at the top of the queue while we talk some more about it!

Thanks

Gareth

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='153520' date='Mar 8 2008, 11:11 AM']Lovely basses, all 3 of them but the Shergold and the Wal are fabulous.. Enjoyed the slide shows too :) Good luck with the sale![/quote]

Agreed Nik, IMHO Shergolds are the dogs bo**ocks, and that one looks awesome. Funnily enough, most people who saw my old Shergold from a distance thought it was a Wal anyway :huh:
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='153558' date='Mar 8 2008, 12:07 PM']Funnily enough, most people who saw my old Shergold from a distance thought it was a Wal anyway :)
Chris[/quote]

I always thought the body design (certainly of the earliest Wals) bore some Shergold influence...I'm sure part of this stems from the fact that both Hayman/Burns/Shergold and Electric Wood made virtually all the components themselves, so form follows function...in a 1970's England way.

Oh..bump...

BB

[quote name='BassBod' post='153600' date='Mar 8 2008, 02:10 PM']I always thought the body design (certainly of the earliest Wals) bore some Shergold influence...I'm sure part of this stems from the fact that both Hayman/Burns/Shergold and Electric Wood made virtually all the components themselves, so form follows function...in a 1970's England way.

Oh..bump...

BB[/quote]
Definitely the case I think.. As Beedster said, from a distance the Shergold & Wal body shapes are remarkably similar.. Being unashamedly retro and a fan of British innovation & craftsmanship, it's really nice to see two such excellent examples of that at it's best in this thread! :)

Nik - Thanks for the link over at the yahoo forum! Early serial number. Too bad about the modifications. Can't really understand the sellers comments:

"a bit of work on it possible: the leather pickguard is not the original one, and I think the last owner glued it and the trussrod maybe to change."

[quote name='mgauction' post='153928' date='Mar 9 2008, 02:58 PM']Nik - Thanks for the link over at the yahoo forum! Early serial number. Too bad about the modifications. Can't really understand the sellers comments:

"a bit of work on it possible: the leather pickguard is not the original one, and I think the last owner glued it and the trussrod maybe to change."[/quote]
Hey Mike

Good to hear from you and no problem; I didn't want you guys not to see this one as it's a JG model...

I agree that the seller's comments don't make much sense but I'm guessing a PM or two would sort it out? The modifications do take something away from the 'mystique' of the bass, being a really early model, but it's still nice to see one of these become available..

Hope all's well with you by the way...!

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='153953' date='Mar 9 2008, 03:51 PM']I agree that the seller's comments don't make much sense but I'm guessing a PM or two would sort it out? The modifications do take something away from the 'mystique' of the bass, being a really early model, but it's still nice to see one of these become available..[/quote]

I emailed him yesterday morning and am still waiting for a response. :)

[quote name='Crimble' post='154204' date='Mar 9 2008, 09:27 PM']Hi guys, I was busy this week end.
I'm a french guy that's why my english is so bad...[/quote]
Please don't apologise - your English is excellent; it's our French that's bad!!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='153706' date='Mar 8 2008, 07:02 PM']Definitely the case I think.. As Beedster said, from a distance the Shergold & Wal body shapes are remarkably similar.. Being unashamedly retro and a fan of British innovation & craftsmanship, it's really nice to see two such excellent examples of that at it's best in this thread! :)[/quote]
I think I have said this before, so apologies for the repetition if so, but when I sold my Shergold fretless I very nearly kept the fitted flightcase I had made for it as it was a pretty much exact fit for my Pro1.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='154251' date='Mar 9 2008, 11:36 PM']Please don't apologise - your English is excellent; it's our French that's bad!![/quote]

Thanks a lot!
I put my ad here because you, the English people, have a taste for musical instruments and you may certainly have easier spare parts for this type of old instruments. And Shergold and Wal are not very well known brands and sought here in France (Wal a bit more). I know that my WAL is a true rarity, but I really reche something modern (I play a Zon Legacy Elite and I love it).

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='154254' date='Mar 9 2008, 11:39 PM']Je deteste le grand canard bleu parce que le pantalon noir.

Speak for yourself.[/quote]

Do you really know what you've just wrote?! :)