Why become a member? ×

From the file marked...japanese trivia

Kiwi

Is it just me or is something odd about this?

I know Stanley is pretty well known and stuff...ahem...but regardless of who you are (And especially if you are fortunate enough to have space for lots of guitars), if Jeff Beck specially commissioned a bass guitar for you, including name plate inlay etc, in the style of your own bass, including headstock shape etc, surely you´d keep it wouldnt you??

Maybe its the cynic in me, but i fear someone has seen a bass that is slightly clarke-esque, and for 25$, had a nameplate made, and inlaid into the fretboard, add nearly $3000 to the price, and 3 lines of celeb-story, and voila, instant celeb guitar.

I really hope I´m wrong, I´m clearly far too distrusting, but why would Stanley give it up??

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1323072' date='Aug 1 2011, 12:49 PM']Is it just me or is something odd about this?

I know Stanley is pretty well known and stuff...ahem...but regardless of who you are (And especially if you are fortunate enough to have space for lots of guitars), if Jeff Beck specially commissioned a bass guitar for you, including name plate inlay etc, in the style of your own bass, including headstock shape etc, surely you´d keep it wouldnt you??

Maybe its the cynic in me, but i fear someone has seen a bass that is slightly clarke-esque, and for 25$, had a nameplate made, and inlaid into the fretboard, add nearly $3000 to the price, and 3 lines of celeb-story, and voila, instant celeb guitar.

I really hope I´m wrong, I´m clearly far too distrusting, but why would Stanley give it up??[/quote]

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1324648' date='Aug 2 2011, 05:32 PM']When it looks as crap as that I suspect you'd give it away or burn it! That bass looks like a crappy fake to me.[/quote]

Nope. Ibanez did this model.

Edited by noelk27