Why become a member? ×

Which one of these P Basses would you go for?

mashup

[quote name='danweb22' post='1316174' date='Jul 25 2011, 08:01 PM']The Nash if it's the one at GAK as it used to be mine! :)[/quote]

Haha! No way!!! It is the one in GAK indeed. Please tell me some about the bass. They are asking £1199 for it & i gather it was more expensive than that from new.

The guy in the shop said it is light in weight, as i had specifically asked him for the lightest weight P basses they had & he weighed a few for me -Very helpful chap.

He said that on his scales it weighed 7.8lbs. Does this sound right to you?

What is it's tone like? Im primarily a pick & finger player in a alternative, rock/Pop band.

Is the trip down to Gak worth it?

Cheers,

Mat

(I've just sold my beloved G&L L2000 :) )

[quote name='mashup' post='1322071' date='Jul 31 2011, 12:01 PM']I ended up buying a 50's Road Worn Precision. It is the best bass guitar I have ever played & lightweight too :)[/quote]
Good choice - I tried out a Road Worn in a music shop while a mate was buying a guitar. One of the best basses I`ve ever played, only the Fender Custom Shop Pino Palladino Signature that I`ve played was more comfortable - but they`re an extra £1500.

[quote name='mashup' post='1316046' date='Jul 25 2011, 06:17 PM']So, i am going to try out a couple of P basses tomorrow, with the intention of buying 1.

Just out of interest, which 1 would you choose?

(1) Fender 60th Anniversary Precision Bass (New)

(2) Nash PB-75 (Used)

Thanks,

Mat[/quote]

The Nash would hold its' value better than the Fender (unless you mothballed it for 30 years), but like JLP said, if you're reasonably handy you could put together a comparable distressed P clone for allot less, although I would spend the change on another bass or amp.

Alternatively, I'll build you a distressed Precision clone for £1,198 and you can spend the change on a lottery ticket :)

Well here she is....

[attachment=86062:DSC03018.JPG]
[attachment=86063:DSC03019.JPG]

She is so Lightweight, has an amazing tone & the neck is superb - nice & fat but with a thin profile - It makes playing an absolute breeze. This MIM P is of the highest standard in terms of fit & finish & tone - equally comparable & surpassing the MIA P's i compared her to. These MIM RW 50's P's are mightily impressive. Im blown away by the quality of this instrument + she looks great!!

[quote name='mashup' post='1322846' date='Aug 1 2011, 10:38 AM']Well here she is....

[attachment=86062:DSC03018.JPG]
[attachment=86063:DSC03019.JPG]

She is so Lightweight, has an amazing tone & the neck is superb - nice & fat but with a thin profile - It makes playing an absolute breeze. This MIM P is of the highest standard in terms of fit & finish & tone - equally comparable & surpassing the MIA P's i compared her to. These MIM RW 50's P's are mightily impressive. Im blown away by the quality of this instrument + she looks great!![/quote]

Congrats on the RW... you've made the right choice. The 60's ann is just a hybrid parts bass IMO (aren't all fenders?) and the Nash is a copy, although they're fine basses too.

I've severe GAS for one of these, although I'm thinking as well as a 50's RI which is a bit cheaper.

Edited by bh2

The main difference on the 50s RI is the finish - not the fact that it looks new, but that it`s poly finish, and very hard-wearing. The neck also is very glossy. Great basses though, and pack a real punch. I had one for a while. I prefer the RW due to how comfortable it is to play, but the 50s RI is very good.