Why become a member? ×

wal custom mk2 bass with poorly neck

olivetti

Hi all,just decided to advertise this bass as it is,to check responce.this beauty is normally kept in my office,in its case,and on the night of the accident,i brought her into the lounge to treat her to some new strings,unfortunately after restringing her
and giving her a good polish,my good wife,at that same moment discovered an indescression in my marriage,and proceeded to pick her up by the neck and smack her down onto the floor once only.that was in december,and whilst our marriage is stronger than ever.my poor wal never faired so well.I recently had a guitar tech to check it over,and he confidently said the neck split could be rebonded.but id sooner sell her as it is,then theres nothing to hide.
Please check photos and ask questions at will.thanks[attachment=84914:IMAG0022.jpg],,[attachment=84916:IMAG0024.jpg][attachment=84915:IMAG002
3.jpg][attachment=84917:IMAG0025.jpg][attachment=84921:IMAG0029.jpg][attachment=84920:IMAG0028.jpg][a
ttachment=84919:IMAG0027.jpg]

[quote name='wombatboter' post='1306869' date='Jul 17 2011, 06:03 PM']Great price, someone will be very lucky...[/quote]

im too busy to travel to london to sort out neck,are you suggesting it could be more cost effective to repair and sell,now youve got me thinking :)

Agree - have a good reputable local bass luthier look at this before writing it off.
These are very expensive basses and should be able to repair.
have you approached WAL ?
Lot of money to throw away.

Cheers
Dave

PS let us know what happens - I'm curious to see how much it would have cost to repair properly.

now youve got me thinking,my pm box is hot.my wife isnt keen on me selling it.does anyone know what i should pay for a wal neck.not desperate for cash,just seems a shame as this bass wasnt being used as much as my lakland which although not a boutique bass,i prefer to gig with,
thanks for advice

[quote name='olivetti' post='1306972' date='Jul 17 2011, 07:29 PM']now youve got me thinking,my pm box is hot.my wife isnt keen on me selling it.does anyone know what i should pay for a wal neck.not desperate for cash,just seems a shame as this bass wasnt being used as much as my lakland which although not a boutique bass,i prefer to gig with,
thanks for advice[/quote]

seen them go for £200 to £450 on ebay

[quote name='olivetti' post='1306716' date='Jul 17 2011, 02:44 PM']my good wife,at that same moment discovered an indescression in my marriage,[/quote]

love that quote :)
- good luck with whatever you decide to do