Why become a member? ×

I want the white one!

Telebass

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1304908' date='Jul 15 2011, 04:25 PM']£900 is a bit steep! Is that rrp?

Gone are the days when I bought my MIJ P for £440 new![/quote]
Sign of the times.. bet there still consistently better than the US counterparts though... i really hope that Japanese Fender dont get to silly prices though..

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1304945' date='Jul 15 2011, 05:59 PM']Sign of the times.. bet there still consistently better than the US counterparts though... i really hope that Japanese Fender dont get to silly prices though..[/quote]

I would say its too early to tell how consistently made these new models are, but lets hope they are up to standard (and cheaper)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1304958' date='Jul 15 2011, 05:24 PM']I would say its too early to tell how consistently made these new models are, but lets hope they are up to standard (and cheaper)[/quote]well ive never seen a badly made Japanese Fender..good quality is part of they way they do things... cant see why they would start making bad ones now... but the proof is in the pudding i guess..

The Japanese Fenders are good, but as I always say, their current pricing is crazy (unless its the USA pickup versions).

I had a very nice MIJ P for years, but it wasnt up there with a USA P bass. Mainly, it was the pickup/tuners/guard/lack of hardcase that didnt stand up to the USA, so £900 now is mental.

I think its too early to tell on quality.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1305060' date='Jul 15 2011, 07:44 PM']If this new Classic is MIJ Im guessing its MIJ for the whole lot. I wonder why they chose MIJ instead of MIM like the rest of the Classic series?!

Im guessing street price of £700 ish.[/quote]

If they are that price on the street (lets hope so) then that will bring them in line with second hand MIA's. That will be interesting.

sorry to go off topic somewhat, but i guess im comparing the CIJ RI which is really the same bass as the AV 62 RI.. with a few differences if you really want stack knobs..... AV comes out at 1700 ish.. the CIJ comes out at 700 ish.. no brainner unless you really want the USA letters on your bass..

seems like they only seem crazy because there going up in price... in context there still a bargain compared to USA Fenders.. wether you think USA Fenders are too expensive is a different matter..

Edited by bubinga5