Why become a member? ×

SGC NANYO BASS COLLECTION................ NOW SOLD !!!!!!

blunderthumbs

[attachment=88617:IMG_1749.JPG][attachment=88616:IMG_1748.JPG][attachment=88614:IMG_1747.JPG][attach
ment=84696:IMG_1744.JPG][attach
ment=88615:IMG_1746.JPG][attach
ment=84696:IMG_1744.JPG]Black SGC Nanyo Bass collection bass. SB 301.
Made in Japan not the chinese version or Korea or speakeasy or Marina.
This is the genuine article PASSIVE P/J pickups.
Chrome hardwhare. Gotoh tuners nice low action. 24 fret slim maple neck (same as a jazz)
Truss rod might want adjusting (I don't go near these as a friend of mine adjusted one on
his Fender strat and snapped the neck!!!)
Alder body. 3.2kg nice and light
These where upwards of £500 20+ years ago. There are two on Ebay at the moment one is genuine Japanese at £395
the other is the Speakeasy Bass Centre copy at £229
I am offering this one for £125 + postage. BARGAIN..................!!!!!!
It will come in a Fender thick padded gigbag and also well packaged in a guitar box.
Collection and cash also an option. Paypal accepted.
I can send more pics if requested.

PRICE REDUCED AS I NEED CASH FOR ANOTHER BASS (I must be mad )

Edited by blunderthumbs

[quote name='blunderthumbs' post='1303688' date='Jul 14 2011, 04:16 PM']Black SGC Nanyo Bass collection bass. SB 301[attachment=84696:IMG_1744.JPG]
Made in Japan not the chinese version or Korea or speakeasy or Marina.
This is the genuine article PASSIVE P/J pickups.
Chrome hardwhare. Gotoh tuners nice low action.
These where £500 when new I read somwhere.
I am offering this one for £150 + whatever postage costs are.
It will come in a Fender thick padded gigbag and also well packaged in a guitar box.
Collection and cash also an option.[/quote]
Hi Ive got one of these Ive had it ages. I thought the bridge had been changed but yours is exactly the same as mine. The reason I suspected a bridge change is that I have 4 bass collections and the other 3 have a different style Gotoh bridge. My other 3 are active. I use the passive one for backup or outdoor gigs in the rain (like todays music festival). Ive thought about selling mine but you cannot get anything like the quality for the same money.

skez

[quote name='Skezza' post='1305455' date='Jul 16 2011, 07:58 AM']Hi Ive got one of these Ive had it ages. I thought the bridge had been changed but yours is exactly the same as mine. The reason I suspected a bridge change is that I have 4 bass collections and the other 3 have a different style Gotoh bridge. My other 3 are active. I use the passive one for backup or outdoor gigs in the rain (like todays music festival). Ive thought about selling mine but you cannot get anything like the quality for the same money.

skez[/quote]
Thanx For the comments Skez.
I also have the active version and the bridge is different on that too.
These are excellent basses and I can't understand why they didn't stick around for long
when they first went on sale. I have a USA Fender Jazz in my collection
and to be honest this bass comes close playability wise and it is so light too.
Only selling as I need the cash for other things.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dorian46' post='1317738' date='Jul 26 2011, 10:32 PM']do you have any more pictures that you could put up please.

Thanks

Dorian46[/quote]
If you let me have your email address I will send you more pics.
Tried to download several pics when I listed the bass but couldn't download for some reason ??
Cheers.
Ian

[quote name='absolution42' post='1319122' date='Jul 28 2011, 11:02 AM']If this was the active version I would buy this off you in a heartbeat.
Is there any chance you would sell your active version?[/quote]

Am I right in thinking that it's just the pickups that are passive, and the preamp is active? I have one of these and that's how it is (well, was until I butchered it anyway!)

[quote name='blunderthumbs' post='1329586' date='Aug 6 2011, 08:37 AM']Thanx for the good comments, Err slippery wotsit. :)[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_dick"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_dick[/url]

Some people just have filth on the brain.

Have a "I used to own one of these from new and they play like a dream" bump from me. Bargain price too, you'll love every minute of playing this bass. I've tried various Fenders (inc. a £1100 American Jazz), a MusicMan Stingray, various Schecters, Spectors and god knows what else and I still go back to my Bass Collections as they just blow the rest out of the water in terms of playability.

There's just no love out there for these things - I've been trying to sell my fretless 301 for months....
In an era when people seem to be obsesed with how much a bass weighs, you'd think these little lightweight beauties would be snapped up in an instant, but no.

I blame those shi**y Marina/Speakeasy reissues for ruining the fantastic reputation of the original Jap Bass Collections - they're about as different as a Jim Deacon jazz is from a MIJ Jazz.

Plillistines, the lot of you. :)

[quote name='blunderthumbs' post='1345556' date='Aug 19 2011, 03:27 PM']I have been offered £300 for my active version without the guy even seeing it.[/quote]

And yet for the £150 difference you could get a top drawer pre fitted.

Can't believe this is still here, absolutely silly money.

OK - who's worried about their pension?
this is a steal at £150 with a bag *AND* postage !

even if you don't play it...
invest in this - stick it under the bed for 10 years and the return will be loads better than trusting your hard earned gig cash to overpaid *ankers who get extraordinary bonuses just for doing their job
(when was the last time you got paid a bonus for playing at a gig?)

(OK - rant over :)

bump from me for a great bass......

[quote name='blunderthumbs' post='1353400' date='Aug 27 2011, 09:46 AM']Saturday morning bump....... :)[/quote]
Hiya
have a bump on me for these excellent basses. I've had a 601 (fancy woods- ebony f/board) for years and can vouch for the quality of these basses,
all the best joe