Why become a member? ×

JV Squier '57 Precision gone!

ash

Looking to move this on it's a Squier JV P bass from around 1984, it plays and sounds great and appears original with the exception of the control knobs/extra pot, a couple of replaced screws and a Seymour Duncan Basslines Jazz pickup at the bridge. The neck is lovely with a nice amber vintage patina to the laquer. There are dings and scuffs but nothing nasty, the electrics are fine and there is play on the trussrod. The neckplate is stamped with the JV serial. It has a lovely tobacco sunburst and off white scratchplate, no case included. JV prices are going crazy for totally original basses so I guess with the extra pickup this isn't a collector's piece but a proper player's bass, gone please remove![attachment=84179:IMGP2139.JPG]

[attachment=84180:IMGP2132.JPG]

Edited by ash

[quote name='4 candles' post='1288222' date='Jun 30 2011, 09:10 PM']Dont sell it. I sold mine.Why? I dont know.You will regret. Trust me

Regards

Mark[/quote]

To me. And I will NEVER sell it. God only knows what possessed you to do such a thing, but I am eternally grateful for it! :) These are fantastic instruments. Anyone wanting a nice P/J shouldn't hesitate to snap this up!

Ive had my JV jazz 18 years and will never ever sell it, fantasic instruments and as you say originals are going for daft money ( i paid £120 for mine, but must have spent £1000 on mods and refrets/dresses over the years) mine is very modified and a true players bass,this is a steal and i want it-Bump!!

[quote name='lee650' post='1289534' date='Jul 1 2011, 08:36 PM']Ive had my JV jazz 18 years and will never ever sell it...[/quote]

+1 My JV P is a sunburst 57, was bought new in 1981, it is still the best precision I have ever played... I was one of the lucky ones to buy a "Fender by Squier" bass, which makes it worth a little more, but still the same instrument and same build quality... One careful owner, its been gigged hard in that time and shows that in its character but, ditto you'd never part me from mine!!

Keep it, love it!! (or have a bump on me!!)

[quote name='ash' post='1288097' date='Jun 30 2011, 06:57 PM']Looking to move this on it's a Squier JV P bass from around 1984, it plays and sounds great and appears original with the exception of the control knobs/extra pot, a couple of replaced screws and a Seymour Duncan Basslines Jazz pickup at the bridge. The neck is lovely with a nice amber vintage patina to the laquer. There are dings and scuffs but nothing nasty, the electrics are fine and there is play on the trussrod. The neckplate is stamped with the JV serial. It has a lovely tobacco sunburst and off white scratchplate, no case included. JV prices are going crazy for totally original basses so I guess with the extra pickup this isn't a collector's piece but a proper player's bass, 520 anyone?

[attachment=83769:IMGP2135.JPG]

[attachment=83768:IMGP2128.JPG]

[attachment=83770:IMGP2132.JPG][/quote]

The full pic of the bass is 'wobbly' so can you tell us about the bridge please? Looks like a quick string release type.

[quote name='mybass' post='1293331' date='Jul 5 2011, 01:05 PM']The full pic of the bass is 'wobbly' so can you tell us about the bridge please? Looks like a quick string release type.[/quote]

Sorry didn't realise the pic I'd uploaded was flakey. The bridge is the original 50s/60s type with knurled saddles and flat head screw height adjusters so no - not a quick release type this is all as it should be for the era with the exception of the Jazz pickup. I will try and swap for a better picture!

hey ash
really enjoying your other JV p/j you sold me (old english white with tort PG), gigged it a few times now, sounds mental through my ampeg PF-500, 1x15 & 4 x 10, ghood luck with the sale! I can rtecommend him folks, top guy to deal with!

The neck is just gorgeous on this one and the sunburst finish gives it real class, unfortunately its not being played due to my ongoing obsession with my old faithful 70s Precision, this must go soon or I fear an ebay moment.......