Why become a member? ×

'62 Reissue Precision

I was thinking of having a punt on [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/62-fender-fullerton-re-issue-precision-bass-/140569627805?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D970536329219169960"]This[/url] but he describes it as a Custom shop which it doesn't seem to be and also as a Fullerton reissue. I thought Fullerton referred to the reissues made in the old Fullerton factory in the early 1980s? Yet he says in the text it's a 2002.

Have I missed something or is it just an AV reissue

Edited by AndyMartin

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='1285580' date='Jun 28 2011, 07:33 PM']I was thinking of having a punt on [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/62-fender-fullerton-re-issue-precision-bass-/140569627805?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D970536329219169960"]This[/url] but he describes it as a Custom shop which it doesn't seem to be and also as a Fullerton reissue. I thought Fullerton referred to the reissues made in the old Fullerton factory in the early 1980s? Yet he says in the text it's a 2002.

Have I missed something or is it just an AV reissue[/quote]
The seller seems to have pulled together every option he can! As you say it certainly doesn't appear to be a Custom Shop and I'm fairly sure those 'V' prefix basses were 90's RI basses which means it's wrong on the count of date and of it being a Fullerton... I also have some vague recollection of the V prefix being used on MIJ basses. However, this is all just from memory so someone with greater knowledge of Fenders or of the means of telling the various models apart may be able to give more detail (or to correct me). What I would say is that £1400 seems a bit steep for a RI

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1285612' date='Jun 28 2011, 07:50 PM']The seller seems to have pulled together every option he can! As you say it certainly doesn't appear to be a Custom Shop and I'm fairly sure those 'V' prefix basses were 90's RI basses which means it's wrong on the count of date and of it being a Fullerton... I also have some vague recollection of the V prefix being used on MIJ basses. However, this is all just from memory so someone with greater knowledge of Fenders or of the means of telling the various models apart may be able to give more detail (or to correct me). What I would say is that £1400 seems a bit steep for a RI[/quote]

This is not a fullerton bass

It is a fairly recent USA reissue and at £1000 with case and all the candy probably is not too bad

V prefix's were used on some fender MIJ/CIJ basses which does confuse matters as the USA reissues have also always used V prefixes.

This is however definately a USA bass :)

I have that exact same bass. It's not Custom Shop. It's an honest example of a reissue. I would certainly pay £1000 for that bass as it's in pretty good condition. The reissues are a cut above the standard stuff of the same period.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='1285580' date='Jun 28 2011, 07:33 PM']I was thinking of having a punt on [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/62-fender-fullerton-re-issue-precision-bass-/140569627805?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D970536329219169960"]This[/url] but he describes it as a Custom shop which it doesn't seem to be and also as a Fullerton reissue. I thought Fullerton referred to the reissues made in the old Fullerton factory in the early 1980s? Yet he says in the text it's a 2002.

Have I missed something or is it just an AV reissue[/quote]

Its not a custom shop, and its not fullerton.

Its a regular AV RI. And its clearly a 2005 model.

£1000?, not a chance, especially with the thumbrest moved. You can get a Custom Shop for his Buy Now price. I'd be surprised if this went for £700. You can get an 80's fullerton for a grand. The pickguard is also totally the wrong colour, doesnt look good at all.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1297870' date='Jul 9 2011, 12:36 AM']Its a regular AV RI. And its clearly a 2005 model.[/quote]

Crikey. Bang on. How did you know that? :)

I sent him a message asking whether it was nitro finished, did he have the CS CoA and why he is describing it as a Fullerton and this is what he replied.

"Yes the bass is finished in nitro, and is the re-issue of the fullerton 1982 model, and it was produced in USA and the nitro finish applied by the custom shop. I was lead to believe that the bass was new in 2002 but I have removed the neck to check to date and it says Oct 2005, i have taken photos and will try to add them to the listing".

Hmm... FoS methinks