Why become a member? ×

a possible improvement?

wotnwhy

Just an idea for a possible improvement we could make to these wonderfull forums.

on a couple of other forums i'm a member of, when browsing forums, if you hover the cursor over the thread title you get a little preview of the first few lines of the thread. it doesn't make any difference to the loading times of the pages or anything so can't see it having any negative effect.

i find it really useful as my method of using forums is to go to new post and scroll through opening up any ones that seem interesting or relevent. but a lot of thread titles don't offer a lot of insight into what they contain. and this preview feature offers a good solution to that.

just a thought? :)

I use Firefox as my browser, together with an Add-on called "CoolIris".

This, when hovering over any link, in this case a thread title, gives me a "preview" icon at the end. If I move to this preview icon, it opens up a temporary window with the contents of that thread in, which I can then use like any other browser window to read it, scroll down, etc. As soon as I move out of that temporary window, it disappears.

If this is the sort of thing you're talking about, it can be achieved with the use of available browsers, etc.

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='146958' date='Feb 25 2008, 10:33 PM']I use Firefox as my browser, together with an Add-on called "CoolIris".

This, when hovering over any link, in this case a thread title, gives me a "preview" icon at the end. If I move to this preview icon, it opens up a temporary window with the contents of that thread in, which I can then use like any other browser window to read it, scroll down, etc. As soon as I move out of that temporary window, it disappears.

If this is the sort of thing you're talking about, it can be achieved with the use of available browsers, etc.[/quote]

Good idea, I did try that add on for a short while. I love googlepreview, couldn't be without it now!! And tabscope!

• 4 weeks later...