Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

EBS Classic Pre / QSC PLX2 3102

niceguyhomer

I bought this off my good mate Flanker a couple of months ago, it's an amazing piece of kit but as usual, I bought it without thinking first and to be honest, it's way over the top for a Saturday night plonker like me. This is a serious pro rig in excellent condition - the volume on the amp has never been past 9 o' clock.

The preamp is the much sought after EBS Classic V1 and it's nothing short of fabulous. It has a fantastic compressor built in and endless tone-shaping features.

The amp is a QSC PLX2 3102 and it could part the hair on a pig's arse at 100 paces. It is light and seriously loud - specs from QSC site here; [url="http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/plx2/plx3102_specifications.htm"]http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/plx2...cifications.htm[/url]

I would prefer to sell it as a unit and would like to recover the £800 I paid for it but in these impoverished times that's unlikely. So it's yours for [color="#FF0000"][b]£750 [/b][/color] c/w Gator case. It's a bargain at that price so no offers / swaps and it's strictly collect or meet only.

I will accept £380 for the poweramp only and if that sells, I'll offer the preamp up separately later.

More pics on request.

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='146607' date='Feb 25 2008, 02:35 PM']Trade for Iamp800?[/quote]

Sorry Steve - no trades as stated.

[quote name='obbm' post='146639' date='Feb 25 2008, 03:14 PM']If this is the one I think it is then it's a bit of a high class tart.

I bought her from Walbasist and then sold her to Paul_C who sold her to ..........

So what comes next Al.[/quote]

Dunno really Dave. I gave in to Flanker's pleas to have his Epi 212NYC back and swapped it for two tiny Bergantino 112s - which I'm delighted with (and so is my back). I remember being at my happiest rig-wise (although I didn't realise it at the time :) ) when I had my LMII head and two Aggie GS112s, so I'm thinking something small, light and loud. At the moment I've got Epifani 502 / Markbass SA450 / Thunderfunk in my head.

That said, I won't lose any sleep if this doesn't sell.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='146683' date='Feb 25 2008, 04:02 PM']Sorry Steve - no trades as stated.

Dunno really Dave. I gave in to Flanker's pleas to have his Epi 212NYC back and swapped it for two tiny Bergantino 112s - which I'm delighted with (and so is my back). I remember being at my happiest rig-wise (although I didn't realise it at the time :) ) when I had my LMII head and two Aggie GS112s, so I'm thinking something small, light and loud. At the moment I've got Epifani 502 / Markbass SA450 / Thunderfunk in my head.

That said, I won't lose any sleep if this doesn't sell.[/quote]

Check out the Epifani PS600, it's the same spec as the 502 but it's single channel, cheap and viable to import with their switchable voltage as well :huh:

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='147364' date='Feb 26 2008, 06:43 PM']Check out the Epifani PS600, it's the same spec as the 502 but it's single channel, cheap and viable to import with their switchable voltage as well :)[/quote]

I have one. Excellent bit of kit. Using it with two of the Epifani PS 1x12 cabs I have a rig that is small, portable, light and LOUD. It also sounds lovely too.

• 2 weeks later...