Why become a member? ×

Bravewood Precision *SOLD*

jay-syncro

It is with great reluctance that I'm offering up my Bravewood Precision for sale, as I need to raise some funds to buy a new car to meet my firms car allowance policy!

For those not in the know, it is above and beyond the quality associated with the Fender Custom Shop, and with the addition of the P-Retro preamp it is surprisingly versatile.

SOLD

Edited by jay-syncro

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='1267162' date='Jun 13 2011, 11:54 AM']I've played this bass. It's a corker. Sorry you have to let it go.

HJ buy it back so I can borrow it :)[/quote]

Cheers, it certainly is.

I think Jack has enough amazing basses to keep him occupied :)

This is weird, I'm in Canterbury, Jay's in Canterbury, he has one of the best Precisions out there, and I can't buy it :)

All joking aside, I've told Jay that he needs to man-up and realise that Precisions are what boys play when they grow up, but he does insist on this Jazz Bass thing. So folks, his loss is your gain :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1267882' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:58 PM']This is weird, I'm in Canterbury, Jay's in Canterbury, he has one of the best Precisions out there, and I can't buy it :lol:

All joking aside, I've told Jay that he needs to man-up and realise that Precisions are what boys play when they grow up, but he does insist on this Jazz Bass thing. So folks, his loss is your gain :)[/quote]

It seems I'll never learn, Chris :)

You know where I am if you fancy a jam on the king of the Precisions before somebody takes it off my hands.

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='1269960' date='Jun 15 2011, 12:40 PM']What's the nut width on this?[/quote]

It's roughly half way between my Jazz and Stingray in terms of width, but a little deeper/fatter in profile. I'm currently without a measuring device but I'll find out the exact width asap.

[quote name='jay-syncro' post='1276246' date='Jun 20 2011, 07:38 PM']I might be having a mad moment, but I'll consider a trade for an upright bass of some description on this.[/quote]

Right, get over to my place and let's talk this out man to man :). I've got three uprights you can try mate, and I'm up for a trade with the Precision.

[quote name='owen' post='1276488' date='Jun 20 2011, 10:44 PM']3? That is nearly one for each corner of the room. Your lady must REALLY love you.[/quote]

Well, truth be told, she only actually knows about two of them :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1276328' date='Jun 20 2011, 08:30 PM']Right, get over to my place and let's talk this out man to man :). I've got three uprights you can try mate, and I'm up for a trade with the Precision.[/quote]

Three uprights.. What a bloke.

See you Friday mate.

[quote name='jay-syncro' post='1282058' date='Jun 25 2011, 12:32 PM']Bump. Cheapest Bravewood ever? Quite possibly![/quote]

I played this bass last night and want it. Someone please buy it or I'm going to have one more Precision than I need and at the same time substantially less money that I need (although I will at least have cleared out one of the DBs in the process). In every way, this is a seriously nice bass