Why become a member? ×

New SX on order

neilb

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='145881' date='Feb 24 2008, 10:05 AM']How can they produce them for £100!!! Are they any good? I've often thought about modifying one.[/quote]

They dont, they produce them for less than £70 each. The US dealer sells them for £70, so he must get them in for about £30-40 I reckon.

Are they any good?

YES!!

[quote name='neilb' post='145926' date='Feb 24 2008, 11:37 AM']They dont, they produce them for less than £70 each. The US dealer sells them for £70, so he must get them in for about £30-40 I reckon.

Are they any good?

YES!![/quote]

Having just taken delivery of two myself...... They are good value for money..... They are ok basses, was a bit disappointed with the 5 string jazz fretted..... Sharp frets, cheapo pickups but overall you can't knock them for the money.

The frettless i took is excellent!!

Edited by crez5150

As good as SX basses are meant to be, I can't get on with that headstock, it's just too big. I know it'd just take an hour or so with a hacksaw and some sandpaper to fix it but still, bleurgh! I quite fancy one of those 'unbranded basses' that were posted in the ebay links, but their gone :)

[quote name='jono b' post='146788' date='Feb 25 2008, 06:03 PM']As good as SX basses are meant to be, I can't get on with that headstock, it's just too big. I know it'd just take an hour or so with a hacksaw and some sandpaper to fix it but still, bleurgh! I quite fancy one of those 'unbranded basses' that were posted in the ebay links, but their gone :)[/quote]
They are putting some more on e-bay today. I went to the shop in Liverpool and bought a 62 3TS P Bass. They let me have it for £115 and BassChatters can get them at this price if they wish. Ask for Neil.
Build quality is amazing and it doesn't sound bad either. Took it to my guitar tech and he was completly floored. It was cheaper than the P-Bass kits he sells, better quality and you don't have to paint them. After I change the bridge, pots and stick a Wizard Thumper on it, I reckon it will be a crackin giggin bass for well under £200.
Will take it up to the Lytham Bass Bass and anyone who is interested can have a butchers.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='147430' date='Feb 26 2008, 08:53 PM']They are putting some more on e-bay today. I went to the shop in Liverpool and bought a 62 3TS P Bass. They let me have it for £115 and BassChatters can get them at this price if they wish. Ask for Neil.
Build quality is amazing and it doesn't sound bad either. Took it to my guitar tech and he was completly floored. It was cheaper than the P-Bass kits he sells, better quality and you don't have to paint them. After I change the bridge, pots and stick a Wizard Thumper on it, I reckon it will be a crackin giggin bass for well under £200.
Will take it up to the Lytham Bass Bass and anyone who is interested can have a butchers.[/quote]

My SX Precision has a Thumper in, sounds awesome!!

Will stick some Wizards in the new blue Jazz when it arrives.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='147430' date='Feb 26 2008, 08:53 PM']They are putting some more on e-bay today. I went to the shop in Liverpool and bought a 62 3TS P Bass. They let me have it for £115 and BassChatters can get them at this price if they wish. Ask for Neil.
Will take it up to the Lytham Bass Bass and anyone who is interested can have a butchers.[/quote]
Sounds great that Stuart. Looking forward to giving it a "thump" :)

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='147508' date='Feb 26 2008, 11:30 PM']Sounds great that Stuart. Looking forward to giving it a "thump" :)[/quote]
More than welcome Pete. Gave it a quick set-up this evening and even the intonation was spot on. Action is coming down nicely. They even supplied a set of allen keys. I am looking forward to having the ability of twating unruly Punters with it at some venues we play. Wouldn't dream of doing that with my main Basses. :huh:

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='147430' date='Feb 26 2008, 08:53 PM']They are putting some more on e-bay today. I went to the shop in Liverpool and bought a 62 3TS P Bass. They let me have it for £115 and BassChatters can get them at this price if they wish. Ask for Neil.[/quote]

Which shop is that? I wish you hadn't told me.... I'd have witheld my GAS so much longer if I didn't have to just nip into town on payday to get one :)

[quote name='mike257' post='147541' date='Feb 27 2008, 01:14 AM']Which shop is that? I wish you hadn't told me.... I'd have witheld my GAS so much longer if I didn't have to just nip into town on payday to get one :)[/quote]
It's Curly's music opposite Lewis's and next to McDonalds. He will do you a P Bass for £115 and probably £10 more for a Jazz. Speak to Neil. It was yesterday when I got mine and he made the offer if I pass the info on. He also said he would do a real good deal on a "bulk buy". Maybe we need a thread.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are made in the same factory as SX's. There are way too many similarities.
Here are the options.
Cheers Stuart
[attachment=6010:856e_2.jpg]
[attachment=6009:8a26_1.jpg]