Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Roscoe Century Standard 6 Fretless

pantherairsoft

SOLD

Hi folks,

This is a beautiful Roscoe Century Standard Fretless 6.

Spec :

Ash body with enhanced grain
35" 3-piece bolt on Maple neck
Diamond Wood board (the nicest I've seen) with aluminium fret markers!
Hand carved Graphtec nut
18.3mm string spacing (adjustable bridge though )
Bartolini CB pups and Bartolini 3 band 18v pre amp (with pickup gain trim pot on reverse control cavity)
Lightweight Hip-Shot hardware
Hip-Shot O-ring knobs (will also include Roscoe originals)
Strung with Overwater nickels
Schaller strap pins (will include a set of Schaller locks as well)
With Roscoe branded hardcase (worth £100!)
Super light weight for a 6er - little over 8.5lbs!!
Serial number A020

Bass cost £2000 and I am asking [s]£1350 £1200 [/s] SOLD (reduced in value by any of the items listed below offered in trade). Strictly no trades (will consider part ex - see below) and collection preferred, but I'll ship ONLY if Buyer arranges courier collection and takes responsibility for the bass once collected... Offer to ship is there though.

Couple of bits I'd be happy for folk to chuck in and I'll reduce the cash price accordingly...
TC Polytune
Moogerfooger Bass or Midi Murf
Moogerfooger Delay
EBS Neo 212 or 210 or 110
PA amp (nothing too high spec - for a rehearsal room!)
Boss LS-2

Only reason I'm selling is to fund a Century 3006 Custom Fretless which is on it's way. I'm sticking with the Roscoe fretless tone as it's awesome, just getting a more exotic bass :)

A few bass chatters have played this and It's had nothing but compliments. Unless you are already a Roscoe owner that this will likely be the slimmest 6 string neck you have likely played and the feel and balance as well as the even tone of this bass is out of this world. Obviously people are more than welcome to come and try the bass out in Nottingham.

Pics -

Shep

Hi bud,

The difference between the Standard & the Custom and Signature lines, other than the exotic wood, is the ergonomic carving of the body and a few tweaks to the shape. It's significant enough that I find my Signiture Fretted comfier than my Custom Fretless.

This baby is stunning and plays like no other fretless I've owned to date. I've shifted every single bass I own to just end up with a pair of Roscoes, 1 fretted, 1 fretless. The new fretless will have different pickups to this one as I want to exploit some other tonal regions with Fretless as well.

I do Endorse Roscoe as 'Local Hero', this goes as far as I scratch there back and they scratch mine. I'm happy to do this as it promotes me as an artist & I WANT to play there stuff anyway (hell I sold everything else and bought 2 I think they're that good!).

This bass will last a life time and I'm confident that whomever plays her will think it's a stunner. If you fancy a trip to Nottingham your welcome to come play her. My door is alway open to Basschatters, wether I'm selling something or not, and many have taken me up on the offer.

Shep

before I read the post I thought for a second after all your hard work to get yourself a set of Roscoes you had changd your mind and had gone Fender! Me and fretless dont mix nor do me and anything over about £20 at the mo but best of luck mate, you deserve these great basses.

Thanks dude. Diamond Wood is hit or miss with how it turns out - this is one of the nicest I've seen! I'd love a Rainbow Diamond Wood board on a bass... But I'm not daring enough to take the punt as no one knows what it will look like until it's radius'd and finished!

As for being an awesome bassist - I'm not sure about that... But seriously appreciate the comment! Thanks :)

Shep

• 2 weeks later...

I can assure people on here this is a great buy. Personally I think the winning features are the combination of the width of the neck with the 6 strings (not too narrow its difficult to manuevre, nor too wide that it's uncomfortable to handle, but juuuust right) along with the hard-wearing fingerboard and tone it imparts together with the Bart pickups - real syrupy burpy fretless tone if you want it, all the way through to smoooooth lows.

Plus Shep is a good guy, just pop round to his studio for an afternoon playing around with the bass and his setup and you'll soon want EVERYTHING he has!

Hey Mark,

Cheers for the kind words. I agree on the neck dimensions... The perfect size with the ideal profile. Just feels 'right' in the hand. This is the more popular 18.3mm spaced Roscoe setup & neck. The 19mm version tends to feel a little big for many.

Shep

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1278623' date='Jun 22 2011, 03:28 PM']Someone put the man out of his misery! Roscoes are fabulous instruments and I have no doubt this one will make someone out there a very happy bunny indeed![/quote]

Well if noone bites and I'm left with 2 Roscoe fretless basses, will I be disappointed...? ...No :)

Would love this to go to someone else in the Basschat family though...

Shep

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1280123' date='Jun 23 2011, 08:34 PM']Roscoes rock![/quote]

Damn straight! And the 6ers are super awesome :)

Right folks. Great weekend, been to Manchester today to grab a Neo 110 off J.R.Bass & just booked studio time to do a new EP. As such I'm in a bloody awesome mood and I'm bumping the Roscoe with a price drop to £1350!

Edit - Added a few part ex options to the 1st post...

Bump and a couple of pics of this sexy beast being used live...

You too can look that cool... You just need a Roscoe :)

Had a couple of PM's yesterday - replied to all, but thought it was worth reiterating the answers here...

Bass is located in Nottingham and ANYONE is more than welcome to come have a play (If you're thinking of buying or not - always happy to share a cuppa with a basschatter).
This has been my main instrument for 18 months and has been used for gigging, recording & rehearsing. Anyone that knows me however will be aware that I am very precious of my gear and I've kept this in the same condition it was purchased in. It's cleaned after every show and is still lovely and shiny!

Lastly, as I've done this for basschatters in the past with great success (looking at you dbass & Fryer), I happy to consider payment over 2 or 3 months if this helps people afford things (come try it, if you like it, give me a deposit and I'll pop her in a case never to be touched again until you pay for her). Much cheaper than buying on finance! :)

Shep

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1289194' date='Jul 1 2011, 03:56 PM']THis bass should have gone ages ago.....[/quote]

Hey Tom! How's you?

Agreed on the above statement! I do however accept there's an awful lot available in the Market place for people to choose from and 6 string fretless is a niche product. This really is a silly price for real professional Luthier built quality though. A stunning instrument.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1289670' date='Jul 1 2011, 10:32 PM']Hey Tom! How's you?

Agreed on the above statement! I do however accept there's an awful lot available in the Market place for people to choose from and 6 string fretless is a niche product. This really is a silly price for real profession Luthier built quality though. A stunning instrument.[/quote]

Hi Shep, all's generally good this way.

This sale has gone on far too long everyone, it's a steal at this price :)

[quote name='51m0n' post='1294365' date='Jul 6 2011, 09:38 AM']Oh come on people!!!

This is a completely sublime instrument, someone buy it!!!

I would but for three tiny issues, I havent got the money, the space or the talent for it :P[/quote]

Sublime it is! :) Space - Sell something not as stunningly awesome as this, Talent - That's totally a matter of opinion. I consider myself to be an 'average' bassist. A little time on a 'good quality' 6er and you'll never go back :)

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1294979' date='Jul 6 2011, 05:32 PM']Hi Shep, all's generally good this way.

This sale has gone on far too long everyone, it's a steal at this price :lol:[/quote]

Hey Tom,

Glad to hear all is good. Yes, this has gone on far too long, although not as long as my Bassline Universal (which is as rare as hens teeth). If the Bassline does sell, I'm likely to withdraw this beauty and keep her as my spare for gigging.

Amazing how many people haven't tried a Roscoe. To me they are up there with the best. Of all the 'Luthier/Boutique' basses I've owned they ooze quality the most. Fretless-wise I really think they are the dogs danglies!

Bargain at £1250! Still interested in the few part-ex bits listed in the 1st post. Whilst I will consider offers, £700 (as I was offered today) is just a tad too low! :D

Anyone fancy this bass AND my Bassline Universal, gimme a shout and I'll do you a crazy deal

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon folks - I'm offering a super high quality gucci bass at almost half the price, given shipping options & offering a range of items you can chuck in for part-ex... And she's still here!?

Part ex stuff...
TC Polytune
Moogerfooger Bass or Midi Murf
Moogerfooger Delay
EBS Neo 212 or 210 or 110 or 112
PA amp (nothing too high spec - for a rehearsal room!)
Boss LS-2

• 2 weeks later...