Why become a member? ×

Rehearsal (Audition?) tonight

neepheid

I'm playing with a new band for the first time tonight. It's also the first time I've been in a rehearsal room this year - it's been far too long. I'm feeling a bit nervous, but I've got my head around most of the band's songs so we'll just have to see how it gels together. Had a wee last minute cramming session this lunch time at work :)

I think I'm going to play it safe and take my G&L this time - I can gradually introduce them to the weirdness that is my stable of Gibsons if I get to join. I don't want to go in there all la-de-dah with an antique gold Gibson Victory and turn out to be crap!

Dunno why I'm typing this out, I guess just to give some hope to people who have been [i]sans[/i] band for a while and wonder if they'll ever get back on the bike/horse/other analogous apparatus. The opportunities are out there, even if you have to wait for a suitable one to come along.

Good luck my friend. Let us know how it goes.

I always think that if we wait until we feel totally ready and prepared for things - they often never happen.

I know too many people, some half my age, who bemoan being stuck in a rut but never seem to do anything about it.

Go for it! Have fun!

I went through this about 8 weeks ago. First band audition in about 15 years!
First off. relax.
Then relax.
Then when you`re relaxed, relax a bit more and try to keep your mouth shut!
It`s easy to babble when you`re nervous so keep shtum.
I reckon you won`t play a song all the way through, they`ll just be seeing if you have two hands and your own nose initially, then they`ll want to see if you know how to play.
Even if you can play, they`ll be after seeing if you`re a twat.
Once they`ve established you`re not, and as a bonus you can actually play. AND own your own gear it`ll all be gravy!

Did I mention relaxing?
Good luck!
MM

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1263386' date='Jun 9 2011, 10:37 PM']What did you think of them , it works both ways?[/quote]

Yeah, seem like a good bunch of guys, I think I can play music/have beer with them no problems :)