Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Blazer Bass - April 1981 model with P pickup FS/FT

Delberthot

After wanting one of these for so long, I realise that the Thunderbird is the only bass for me so I'm now selling this on.

The body is made from ash and has a maple neck and fretboard. The bridge and knobs are made of brass and it has the trademark heart shaped tuners. There is natural wear to both bridge and knobs but nothing that you wouldn't expect with a 30 year old bass. The body has some dings and dents corresponding to its age and being a great gigging bass but there's nothing major and its not very noticable due to the colour.

I searched for years to find a bass with a proper Precision bass sound and eventually found this bass. I've owned Fenders and Squiers from Affinities to MIA ones but this is by far the most authentic sounding Precision I've ever had the privelige to play and own.

If you want to hear it for yourself just find some Supergrass as Mick Quinn from the band apparently bought one of these as his first bass and used it on all the albums simply because it was so good and he didn't need to look for anything else.

I currently have this on Ebay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140556868706&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]here[/url] but would obviously not be looking for that amount on here.

Looking for £300 plus delivery which will probably be around the £10-15 mark. I don't have a gig bag or case with it but it will be well packed.

My Shine 8 string is also for sale and you can get to it by clicking the link in my sig

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='1251637' date='May 31 2011, 03:31 PM']Nice! :)

How's the current set-up? [color="#FF0000"]I play quite hard so can't have it too low. I'd describe it as medium low[/color]

Does it do that "Iron Maiden P-bass sound" ? [color="#FF0000"]Personally I think it does[/color]

do you have an estimate of the weight by any chance? [color="#FF0000"]I can't tell you exactly but there was a guy on Talkbs who said that his was 9lbs[/color]

regards,
D.[/quote]

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1251690' date='May 31 2011, 04:10 PM']My first bass, back in 1984.

I hated the wood grain, so I sprayed it, then sold it.

I think the words "cock" and "end" were put together to describe me getting rid of it.

Great basses.[/quote]

I can't get over how good it looks considering its age and how many gigs its done.

To say that the pickup packs a punch would be an understatement - I have to run it with the active button pressed on my amp.

it sounds the business but unfortunately just not the sound that I prefer

[quote name='gub' post='1251897' date='May 31 2011, 07:01 PM']Whats the weight on this baby?[/quote]

Going by what I've read online it should be around 9lbs.

I don't have any scales so can't confirm this. You'd have thought with the amount of basses I'd sold over the past few years I'd have something to weigh them. :)

Its lighter than my Epiphone Thunderbird

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='BassBod' post='1251928' date='May 31 2011, 07:26 PM']Not usually my thing...but what a nice example! Can't imagine a gig that wouldn't work for.[/quote]

Totally agree but I've gotten that used to having a particular sound now that I can't do without the Thunderbird