Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass

spike

For sale - Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass, bought new by me in 2007. This is the Japanese non-export version with scratchplate and front mounted jack socket.

Neck is standard Jazz profile and pickups are to P/J configuration. I have replaced the original pickups with Wizards, a 'Thumper' for the 'P' pickup and a 'sixty four' for the neck pickup.
For more details on these pickups see the Wizard threads in the basschatters reviews subforum or visit www.wizardpickups.co.uk
IMO they give the bass a warm sound with plenty of 'thud' but there's loads of treble there if you want it.

The bass is in very good condition with no dents or scratches on the body or neck. There is some very light buckle rash on the back which you can just about see on one of the pics below.
There is some tarnishing to the control knobs and one of them has been replaced and sits slightly higher than the others (again, see pics below).

Bass comes with Schaller strap locks (original strap buttons will be included), Fender gig bag, original paperwork from Fender Japan.

I'm looking for £475.00 (price drop from £525), or I could be tempted by a fretless and some cash my way.

Delivery - I do not like sending basses by courier so I will deliver within a reasonable distance of Luton (say 50 miles) for something towards my petrol, or you can collect or we can meet half way.

Here are some pics
[attachment=81290:0001.JPG]
[attachment=81291:0002.JPG]
[attachment=81292:0003.JPG]
[attachment=81293:0004.JPG]
[attachment=81294:0005.JPG]
[attachment=81295:0006.JPG]
[attachment=81296:0007.JPG]
[attachment=81297:0008.JPG]

Edited by spike

[quote name='Fuzzbass2000' post='1250183' date='May 30 2011, 12:42 PM']Lovely - is that Olympic White or a more standard white?[/quote]

That's Olympic White, probably doesn't come over too well in the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...