Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1956 NOT REISSUE

onehandclapping

Fender Precision 1956 NOT REISSUE,original paint,pots,covers etc,non original case.This bass has no issues, set up with Thomastic flatwounds.I have it for sale at the link below,also my 59p.I can sell the 56 for 7750 UK pounds.I am in Aussie,I can pay freight ,purchaser responsible for any insurance required .
[url="http://www.greatguitars.com.au/1956.Fender.Precision.Bass.htm"]http://www.greatguitars.com.au/1956.Fender...cision.Bass.htm[/url]

Edited by onehandclapping

[quote name='spaz91' post='1249797' date='May 29 2011, 11:36 PM']How old was Sting in 1956. :)[/quote]
He was five, but I read somewhere that he was a very early starter! :)

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not doubting the authenticity of the bass,
but it does seem a bit odd to see so much wear, that high up on the dusty end of the board?

[quote name='thebrig' post='1249915' date='May 30 2011, 09:26 AM']... but it does seem a bit odd to see so much wear, that high up on the dusty end of the board?[/quote]

I see what you mean - intriguing.

Onehandclapping, welcome aboard but I'm afraid few of us spend much time thinking in AU$. What does your price convert to at the moment?

Hey Guys
I have put the price in pounds on the original listing 7750 pounds,the marks on the fretboard up the top are from playing with your fingers right hand resting above the strings at the end of the board,not from playing with your left hand fingering the board.

[quote name='onehandclapping' post='1249944' date='May 30 2011, 09:52 AM']... the marks on the fretboard up the top are from playing with your fingers right hand resting above the strings at the end of the board, not from playing with your left hand fingering the board.[/quote]

:)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1249926' date='May 30 2011, 09:38 AM']How do you get the fingerboard wear [u]past[/u] the 20th fret?[/quote]
That's the bit that really puzzles me!

Definately has not had a refret,and is original finish on body and neck.I have a pic of another one with similar wear on the last fret and second last(email me if you want a copy),this one goes up further.If you look at the wear on the neck it is around the G note and C note on the D and G string,I assume we had someone in the old days playing 1st and 5ths around there and playing high up the neck with the right hand.I have more pics with her"undressed' for any purchasers to view.

[quote name='thebrig' post='1249915' date='May 30 2011, 09:26 AM']but it does seem a bit odd to see so much wear, that high up on the dusty end of the board?[/quote]
What if it was mostly played by someone adapting their upright technique?