Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky's, Out of Fashion?

waynepunkdude

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1330872880' post='1564126']
I played three Sadowsky's this week and off the shelf, none of them struck me as particularly heavy at all. The basses that consistently strike me as the weightiest are always Ernie Balls. I don't think the weight of an instrument will ever bother me until I get a bit older but man, Stingrays can be heavy.
[/quote]

Light weight is one of Roger's preferences. He says he's not interested in building heavy instruments.

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1330899974' post='1564669']
Light weight is one of Roger's preferences. He says he's not interested in building heavy instruments.
[/quote]

It stands to reason really!

For me, there's something strikingly reassuring about something like my old P-Bass, for example. It weighed a ton, heaviest bass I've used by a long shot but it felt wholesome and sturdy. Almost like the weight of it had something to do with its massive tone. Obviously total nonsense, but I do like feeling like I'm playing a 'bass' sometimes as opposed to something that feels like a toy. Purely psychological I guess.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1330901882' post='1564705']
It stands to reason really!

For me, there's something strikingly reassuring about something like my old P-Bass, for example. It weighed a ton, heaviest bass I've used by a long shot but it felt wholesome and sturdy. Almost like the weight of it had something to do with its massive tone. Obviously total nonsense, but I do like feeling like I'm playing a 'bass' sometimes as opposed to something that feels like a toy. Purely psychological I guess.
[/quote]

You need a T40 to show your real man-bass ness. P's are for wimps

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1330936330' post='1564845']

You need a T40 to show your real man-bass ness. P's are for wimps
[/quote]

Never held a T40, but my old P-Bass weighed something in the region of 13-14lbs!! If you hit someone a la Keith Richards with it, they wouldn't be getting back up :lol:

+1 to (risingson) my EBMM 5 HH is weighty beast, not as heavy as the Wal 5 i used to own, but i do like a weighty bass. There something solid about a heavy(ish) bass, just feel,s right to me, my KS is a excellent player/sound etc but about a pound lighter and just does,nt? hence why it,s up for grab,s on here. (IMO) I don,t think that SuperJazz,s will ever go out of fashion: Sadowsky,s etc. Must admit to having Gas for Gwiylm,s sadowsky though, my ideal bass: look,s wood,s simple lines, so you could put me in the want one catagory, might be a bit light though? :( lol. PB

Edited by pistonbroke