Why become a member? ×

Warwick recommendations

megallica

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1242404' date='May 23 2011, 10:45 PM']If the seller doesn't send the item it's barely any hassle to claim your money back through Paypal, i'm more than willing to sacrifice a few minutes of my life if i can get something i want for much less than i'd usually pay.[/quote]
The problem occurs when the seller does send it and it's a POS and you are out of pocket returning it and potentially in the process the seller tries to rip you off by denying the item has been returned... :)
Did that seem a little bitter and personal? :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1242408' date='May 23 2011, 10:48 PM']The problem occurs when the seller does send it and it's a POS and you are out of pocket returning it and potentially in the process the seller tries to rip you off by denying the item has been returned... :)
Did that seem a little bitter and personal? :)[/quote]

Ah yes there is always that!
The thing is that Overwater auction had quite good, if very shrewdly taken, photos which seemed to show most of the bass in detail. I guess if you rule out every bass that doesn't have hi-res pics showing every minute detail then you won't be bidding on many basses, although that's not really a bad thing!

In fact the Fortress i bought had a replacement Ovangkol neck if anyone remembers the thread on it. Nothing that bothers me as it's all genuine Warwick parts (and i really liked the Ovangkol one i already had) but i suppose that might bother some people who really like the Wenge ones. I'd feel cheeky complaining considering what i paid though.

If you can, try & get one of the top of the range models secondhand (steamer stage 1 / 2, thumb, etc) rather than some of the mid priced ones – they are going for silly money and are brilliant basses if you are not bothered about the fashion angle!

I got a mint stage one from eBay a few years ago at a ridiculously low price – almost given away! Superb bass and the prices have dropped even further since then!!

hhehe is so funny seeing people talking about that corvette...its funny because i bought it, an yeah it is true that the seller didnt want to send me pictures and stuff...but finally ive received the bass and i still think it was a mistake or smth or its stollen, cuz this bass sounds AMAZING and i had 4 warwick before(thumb,streamette,fna jazzman,streamer 1), but this is for my taste :)

[quote name='megallica' post='1235161' date='May 18 2011, 07:17 AM']I'm hoping to pick up a second hand Warwick next month, what sort of prices do BO Thumb, Corvette $$ or Fortress basses sell for these days?

I owned a Corvette Rockbass, Corvette Standard and Corvette $$ a few years ago and was very impressed with the quality and sound of these basses.

Since then I've been getting into 80's Ibanez and Yamaha basses.[/quote]

I loved my Dolphin - slim neck, p/ups with massive range, well balanced - sold it to a fella in Australia recently - he's pleased as Punch - I think there's a black one for sale in the "For Sale" thread - bargain at £600 I would say..