Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Precision- SOLD

Old Horse Murphy

I recently got hold of a 2006 US Fender Precision with the classic black/black/maple colour scheme.

It's absolutely spotless apart from a paint chip right at the top edge of the neck pocket. First thing I did was get it set up professionally (my Tech confirmed the damage on the neck pocket is no more than a paint chip, although the previous owner had tried to colour it in), had the S1 wiring rewired and replaced with a normal Fender pot and also had a Wizard Thumper fitted. All in all, the work cost me £118.

The bass comes with the Fender hard case and all the candy too.

I've played it once at rehearsal and then gigged it last weekend and it sounds amazing (anyone who had tried the Thumper pickup will testify to this fact).

The trouble is, I can't really see it replacing my 75 Precision or my Musicman, so I'm going to move it on.

It's absolutely spotless and will come with all the S1 wiring and original pickup should anyone want to refit it. The maple grain on the fingerboard is gorgeous too and there are no dings, buckle rash (other than the mark by the neck pocket which is invisible to everyone but the player).

I am looking to trade for (with a cash adjustment either way if necessary):

- a quality 6 string acoustic (high end Takamine, maybe a Taylor, Guild or similar)

- Marshall AVT100/150

- Fender US Jazz bass (possibly)

- Stingray 5

- Stingray Fretless

This has been valued at over £600 and comes with a higher spec than the current US model (and S1 US model). Of course, I'd be happy to sell too. Asking price is £600 inc delivery.

I'm in no rush and this really is a Feeler.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Hi

I have just posted this link on ebay ( selling my mint USA strat to fund a Jazz or Precision )

I know it is well of the mark from a quality accoustic but does it tempt you at all ??

Probably not but thought is would be worth a try so have a look and let me know what you think

Regards

Tony

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Stratocaster-USA-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ200201004201QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33039QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Stratocaster-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='142154' date='Feb 17 2008, 09:46 PM']Hi

I have just posted this link on ebay ( selling my mint USA strat to fund a Jazz or Precision )

I know it is well of the mark from a quality accoustic but does it tempt you at all ??

Probably not but thought is would be worth a try so have a look and let me know what you think

Regards

Tony

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Stratocaster-USA-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ200201004201QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33039QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Stratocaster-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url][/quote]

Hi Tony

Thanks for the offer, but I've got a US Strat, so I'm not really in the market for another one I'm afraid.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble whatsoever selling it though- it's a beauty!

[quote name='peety' post='142277' date='Feb 18 2008, 08:10 AM']You don't mess around do you Nick, must say this is very tempting good job i need the cash for the deposit on the shuker, by the way cheers for the feedback

steve[/quote]

Maybe you're right Steve. I'm pretty sure this bass will grow on me and the Thumper sounds much better than the QP I have in my other P Bass, but to be honest I'd rather something a bit different from a P Bass as the one I have (plus the Shuker 5 Stringer on order) more than satisfy my Precision obsession!!

[quote name='martthebass' post='144632' date='Feb 21 2008, 07:50 PM']Can't believe you haven't sold this yet Nick - It's the architypal Fender - everyone has to own one at some point. Have a bump.[/quote]
Thanks for the Bump Mart. I figure it's the wrong time of year to sell basses!!

All PM's answered too- thanks for the offers guys. There are some lovely swaps to consider, but nothing that really grabs me yet.

Thanks for all the interest.