Why become a member? ×

Colin Greenwood Sig Precision, Just a fanasy of mine

absolutpepper

[quote name='Doddy' post='1224583' date='May 8 2011, 10:02 PM']Why not just get a normal Fender Precision with tortoise shell plate and maple 'board instead?
It's not like there is anything special about the bass-it's just a stock P-bass.[/quote]

+1

Was just thinking that myself.

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='1224841' date='May 9 2011, 10:33 AM']Yeah I know, I'm a sucker haha. I've been thinking about getting the stock Fender model and whacking on some flats, still might.[/quote]
Do it. Try and get a Jap Fender non-export model. A good S/H one won't cost much more than a new MIM, and it will kick a USA Fender's backside to kingdom come.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1224583' date='May 8 2011, 10:02 PM']Why not just get a normal Fender Precision with tortoise shell plate and maple 'board instead?
It's not like there is anything special about the bass-it's just a stock P-bass.[/quote]exactly..

[quote name='silddx' post='1225102' date='May 9 2011, 02:05 PM']Do it. Try and get a Jap Fender non-export model. A good S/H one won't cost much more than a new MIM, and it will kick a USA Fender's backside to kingdom come.[/quote]

Yep yep! Infact, CIJ non-exp did do a 70's P with a maple neck. I was at odds as to whether I should get my black one with a rosewood f/board or a natural bod and Maple f/board. In the end, Mr Deacon won :)