Why become a member? ×

Bernie Goodfellow GBV

PeteinKent

Quite simply an exceptional instrument. Hand built to an extremely high standard with all of the usual Goodfellow features including piezo bridge PU.

I bought it direct from Bernie and it has only been gigged about a dozen times. Its is consequently 'as new'. there is not a mark on it and it comes with a a bespoke Goodfellow hard case. It originally had gold hardware but then I changed my mind and decided on black , however the strap buttons were over-looked and I never got round to changing them.

This really is 'an accident in the trousers' beautiful bass guitar. It was also a bit of a folly on my part. I was made redundant and had quite a lot of money so I decided to order a boutique bass. However I am essentially a 4 string Precision/Stingray man hence infrequent use. After much soul searching and having moved to a much smaller property I have decide to sell it.

As with the other gear I am selling on here, (see other ads), I am not interested in swaps or part ex's. It also needs to be picked up either in Canterbury or possibly S.London/Surrey. I will listen to sensible offers but I do not consider 30% of the asking price plus 200 No:6 coupons to be a 'sensible offer'.

£1500

I've played this bass and I can attest to it being a very fine piece of kit indeed, as you'd expect from anything from Mr Goodfellow's stable. Bernie actually used this instrument as an example of his fine work during it's build at a Music Live event (I was there and recognised it immediately), so he obviously rates it. Pete is also a top bloke who I've known for years.

[quote name='wilko_66' post='1219310' date='May 3 2011, 10:45 PM']wow! This is lovely! Not even tempted by a 4-string 1990 warwick thumb?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=131245"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=131245[/url][/quote]

Well apart from the fact that I am downsizing...If I sell both the Bernie and the 76 Jazz I will still have 6 basses...I have never been a big fan of Waricks although I fully accept that they are quality instruments. Its just personal choice isn't it. If I won the lottery I would much rather have a top end Jag than a Porche or a Ferrari.

Thanks for the interest though and good luck.

:)

OK. I have been asked a couple of questions about this bass....like I say I'm not the most technical bloke around.

Firstly it is a 34' neck, (24 frets).

Secondly people have been saying they can't find anything on a model called a GBV. Well when this bass was made 10 years ago the 'flagship' Goodfellow bass was the 'Rumour'. The only other model available , as I recall, was mine which I presume was just a 'standard' Goodfellow bass so I called it a GBV for convenience. There was a variety of options and features available and I went for every one except the flashing LED fret markers. Certainly the piezo pick-up was quite a new option at the time.

If there is any specific information anyone requires just ask but you are free to come and see/play it anytime and see for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='PeteinKent' post='1215920' date='Apr 30 2011, 04:24 PM']I will listen to sensible offers but I do not consider 30% of the asking price plus 200 No:6 coupons to be a 'sensible offer'.[/quote]
How are you on Nectar points? :)