Why become a member? ×

RARE: Thunderfunk Tfb-550-A like new.

Grossmit

Hi!
I am selling my brand new Thunderfunk TFB-550-A. I asked Dave personnaly to make a lighter version of the 750A, it weights 14-15 pounds.
I asked this to carry it easily on my back but by the time I received it, my band had a real rehearsal room where we can leave our gear so I am going all-tube.

Specs: 550w@4ohms and 300w at 8ohms
And it has "the switch" as a tube emulator (that's works amazingly well)

So this is made by hand, made un USA with the highest quality parts.

This is it, I lowered the price to 790£
cheers!

[attachment=78481:Face_TF02.jpg]
[attachment=78482:Face_TF01.jpg]
[attachment=78483:Dos_TF02.jpg]

trade possible for an All-tube in very good condition amp!

Some sound here: [url="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9861551/balade%20basse.mp3"]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9861551/balade%20basse.mp3[/url]

Edited by Grossmit

[quote name='Grossmit' post='1212192' date='Apr 26 2011, 11:17 PM']Hi!
I am selling my brand new Thunderfunk TFB-550-A. I asked Dave personnaly to make a lighter version of the 750A so this one can't go on 2ohms but it weights 14-15 pounds.
I asked this to carry it easily on my back but by the time I received it, my band had a real rehearsal room where we can leave our gear so I am going all-tube.

This is it, I'm selling it at 1150£ + shipping so I guess it would be a quick sell. I really don't know about how much would be the shipping, depend on where you are...

cheers!

[attachment=78481:Face_TF02.jpg]
[attachment=78482:Face_TF01.jpg]
[attachment=78483:Dos_TF02.jpg]

trade possible for an All-tube in very good condition amp![/quote]

Sorry just to clarify, are you saying that Dave has made you a lighter version of the 750 or 550? Your amp has the chassis and all of the front & rear features of the standard 550 and the 550 can't go to 2 ohms!

[quote name='Grossmit' post='1212390' date='Apr 27 2011, 10:35 AM']Hi!
It's a lighter version of the 750 (with a 550 chassis) and can't go on 2ohms. But it has all the other features of the 750, that was the point.

cheers![/quote]
I see! However, sorry but just for clarity your amp doesn't have all of the features of the 750; there aren't that many differences between the amps (bigger transformer being the main one), certainly no differences in the controls etc. (visually identical) but the auto/on backlight fan is one of the only other features where they differ and your amp doesn't have that.

Not trying to pull your sale down but I'm genuinely intrigued as to how Dave will have taken the 550 chassis and upped the power to that of the 750 whilst keeping the weight exactly the same as the old 550!

[quote name='chris_b' post='1212429' date='Apr 27 2011, 11:11 AM']PM's chaps!!![/quote]
What's to PM? Through open, constructive dialogue we've established what is for sale; without this open exchange of views there may have been misunderstanding with regard to what is for sale... Simples! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry but I'm a bit confused on the specs of this & I'm really no Thunderfunk expert :)

It's not a 750 as it doesn't have some of the feature set & it doesn't generate 750w at 4ohms (or 900 at 2ohms!).

So that means it's a new 550 (which Dave doesn't usually make any more as he concentrates on the 750)?

Also - does it have the famous TF 'switch' ?

[quote name='molan' post='1251442' date='May 31 2011, 01:27 PM']Sorry but I'm a bit confused on the specs of this & I'm really no Thunderfunk expert :)

It's not a 750 as it doesn't have some of the feature set & it doesn't generate 750w at 4ohms (or 900 at 2ohms!).

So that means it's a new 550 (which Dave doesn't usually make any more as he concentrates on the 750)?

Also - does it have the famous TF 'switch' ?[/quote]
I have to confess that as a Thunderfunk user it is just as confusing for me! :)

The 550 produces (unsurprisingly) 550w into 4 ohms and isn't recommended to 2ohms... exactly the same as the amp for sale. The last TFB550B amps have/had a red push button switch located next to the power switch and labelled SS/Tube. However, the earlier TFB550(A) is equipped with an unmarked regular flick switch to the top right of the front facing... exactly like the amp for sale.

One has to assume that as the buyer is selling a nearly new amp that Dave produced this amp after the production of 550's stopped and used an early face plate, hence 'the switch' being of the early variety.

Ouch my bad!

I was absolutely sure the 750-A specs were: 750w@2ohms. Sorry for the confusion....
So mine is: 550w at 4ohms, 300w at 8ohms

Sorry for the confusion mates...

And yes, it has "the switch", positioned up to the power button.

Edited by Grossmit

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1251525' date='May 31 2011, 02:12 PM']I have to confess that as a Thunderfunk user it is just as confusing for me! :)

The 550 produces (unsurprisingly) 550w into 4 ohms and isn't recommended to 2ohms... exactly the same as the amp for sale. The last TFB550B amps have/had a red push button switch located next to the power switch and labelled SS/Tube. However, the earlier TFB550(A) is equipped with an unmarked regular flick switch to the top right of the front facing... exactly like the amp for sale.

One has to assume that as the buyer is selling a nearly new amp that Dave produced this amp after the production of 550's stopped and used an early face plate, hence 'the switch' being of the early variety.[/quote]

Agree that this is confusing. The 550-A generally came with the flick switch as a an add-on mod..ie it went back to TF for this to be incorporated..so the face plate looks like a 550-A. It is also only named a 550..and the later models were marked 550-B. So from a cosmetic POV..the amp looks like a 550-A and maybe people think it is exactly that.

I think TF stopped making 550 models when they ran out of chassis'..and maybe could only cannabilise what they had left over...which is what WH is saying.

Well Dave told me he had some 550 chassis left he could use building, once again that was the point, a lighter amp. And it's a new generation power section (Dave told me that also).

It's sounding great, perfect condition. Just want to go all tube...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...