Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe Jazz bass

Chris2112

Morning,

I've decided that I'm going to buy another bass so I'll need to sell one to make room for it. The one that will have to go is the one I'm least attached too, and so it's my [b]Squier Classic Vibe Jazz bass[/b]. I bought this earlier this year from Spacecowboy. It's the second Classic Vibe Jazz bass I've had and I can certainly vouch for their consistency. It's in "as new" condition. Since these are being sold for £320 new, I'll offer it for sale at [b]£170[/b] collected from me in Newcastle. It comes with a Warwick gigbag.

Here are a few pictures I took of the bass this morning:

[size=7]This bass is now sold, thanks for looking[/size]

Edited by Chris2112

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='1191196' date='Apr 6 2011, 10:39 PM']How is it 'modified'?[/quote]

It's not, but well done for spotting that mistake. I've owned so many of these Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified basses now :)

The Classic Vibe jazz is my favourite of the lot. I've never felt it needed any modification, it is a fantastically playable jazz bass for very little coin. :)

No, I only have a soft case for it. Add to that the stress of trying to arrange delivery around my shifts and you've got something of a headache for less than £200! I'd rather someone just come and collect it. It's not the cash I'm desperate for, it's the space for another bass. I've decided I'm going to buy another high end instrument and I'll need space for it.

At the end of the day, I hope it'll be appreciated that I'm selling this bass 'as new', it is identical in condition to one you would go into a shop and buy, and it has never been gigged or abused. I've played it at home and enjoyed it there and I'd be quite happy to keep it were it not for complaints that my musical equipment was taking over the house.

I bought one of these basses when they first came out and was very impressed with it then, and I sold it soon after in similar circumstances (I think I bought a new Status Graphite bass shortly after). All the same, these are fantastic basses and if you've need of a cheap, high quality jazz bass then look no further. They are considerably better than the Vintage Modified jazz basses that came out before them, I have also owned these basses and I find the Classic Vibe to be the better of the two.

Thanks for the offer on the cab Geoff, but the MK500 has me sorted out for amplification. I am looking for a Kingbass Artist now, as I want to photograph them together and show off what a Mark King loving saddo I am! :)

[quote name='Waldo' post='1199582' date='Apr 14 2011, 04:37 PM']Just had a go of one of these today, wow! Probably as good as any jazz that I've played :)[/quote]

I'd say so. Thats why I keep buying them! IMO these are far better than the MIM things you get. The attention to detail is excellent, I love the period features like the smaller guage of fretwire (surely this is what gives it such a lovely tactile feel on the left hand?). The neck is nicely finished and is streets ahead of the slightly cheap, chalky feeling neck of the Vintage Modified bass. I don't have the thumb rest for this bass (unless it's somewhere in the gig bag) but it irritated me on the first CV Jazz I had so I don't miss it. This picture below is what made me want one, I like getting it out for the odd old Skool Weather Report song. As I've said though, space is at a premium and I'm currently looking for another top spec bass and I don't have room for six basses!