Why become a member? ×

Urgent favour please! Can I borrow a wing p/up please?

Clarky

Well I just sold my perfectly functioning Shadow piezo pickup to Baboom, having taken last week ownership of an ATPflex-Electret from Lando Music in Germany. The new pickup has stopped working ( :) ) and I have a big gig (potentially 500+ audience) on Saturday. I have just packaged up the ATPflex to send back to Lando but obviously I won't get a replacement in time.

So pretty please does someone have a piezo pickup (Shadow/Underwood/similar for ease of instalment) that they could post to me and I could borrow for the gig? I would need it by Friday (so I have time to instal and try out). I would then package up and post back immediately on Sunday? I would cover p&p via paypal and hopefully buy you a pint at some stage :)

My alternative is to fork out for a new pickup and end up selling one, obviously at my usual BC loss!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1189910' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:34 PM']Well I just sold my perfectly functioning Shadow piezo pickup to Baboom, having taken last week ownership of an ATPflex-Electret from Lando Music in Germany. The new pickup has stopped working ( :) ) and I have a big gig (potentially 500+ audience) on Saturday. I have just packaged up the ATPflex to send back to Lando but obviously I won't get a replacement in time.
and I could borrow for the gig? I would package up and post back immediately on Sunday? I would cover p&p via paypal and hopefully buy you a pint at some stage :)

My alternative is to fork out for a new pickup and end up selling one, obviously at my usual BC loss![/quote]

Mate, I have two you could borrow but am away tomorrow and Thursday. I could take one with me and post when I get there, but I'm worried it might not make it (I won't be able to post until Thursday). Alternatively I could ask Mrs Beedster to do the honours?

PS does this explain the Contra?

C

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='1189912' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:36 PM']Mate, I have two you could borrow but am away tomorrow and Thursday. I could take one with me and post when I get there, but I'm worried it might not make it 9I won;t be able to post until Thursday). Alternatively I could ask Mrs Beedster to do the honours?

PS does this explain the Contra?

C[/quote]
No worries mate, hopefully someone else is able to do the honours on this occasion :)

The faulty Contra doesn't work with my Eminence either (equipped with Realist). It may be the ATPflex that somehow knackered my Contra though ....

[quote name='Clarky' post='1189918' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:39 PM']The faulty Contra doesn't work with my Eminence either (equipped with Realist). It may be the ATPflex that somehow knackered my Contra though ....[/quote]

Hell of a coincidence?

I may be driving up your way on Saturday Clarky so if things get messy let me know

C

Maybe not the solution you're looking for if you're suspecting the APT-Flex caused the Contra death - but you're welcome to borrow mine. I could have it in the post tomorrow morning, guaranteed next day delivery. Leave me a PM if that's an option and I'll get it tomorrow morning - having an early night tonight. Gigs and 2 year olds don't mix.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='1189923' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:43 PM']Maybe not the solution you're looking for if you're suspecting the APT-Flex caused the Contra death - but you're welcome to borrow mine. I could have it in the post tomorrow morning, guaranteed next day delivery. Leave me a PM if that's an option and I'll get it tomorrow morning - having an early night tonight. Gigs and 2 year olds don't mix.[/quote]
That kind Gareth but for the sake of non-f*ck-up-ability its probably best if I use a pickup of the type that I know didn't cause a problem before, like my old Shadow. Thanks for the offer though matey!

[quote name='Beedster' post='1189922' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:42 PM']Hell of a coincidence?

I may be driving up your way on Saturday Clarky so if things get messy let me know

C[/quote]
Thanks Chris, will see what happens. As an alternative has anyone tried those ultra-cheapo (£20-30) home-made looking pickups on eBay by J-tone - if these are OK it might be useful to have one as a backup in the gig bag just in case ....

[quote name='obbm' post='1189935' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:54 PM']Do you want to borrow the Aria back?[/quote]
Thanks for the offer obbm but I have the Eminence EUB as backup if all else fails. As its a big gig and image is all the band wants me to use the full McCoy double bass .... Again much appreciated!

[quote name='Clarky' post='1189931' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:49 PM']Thanks Chris, will see what happens. As an alternative has anyone tried those ultra-cheapo (£20-30) home-made looking pickups on eBay by J-tone - if these are OK it might be useful to have one as a backup in the gig bag just in case ....[/quote]

I have one of those in my DB. You can borrow that if you want.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='1190704' date='Apr 6 2011, 05:18 PM']Just seen this thread Clarky, are you sorted yet?

I've several options if not.[/quote]
Thanks Keith, obbm (aka Dave) has popped one in post to me today

[quote name='bob_pickard' post='1192515' date='Apr 8 2011, 06:06 AM']Hi Clarky,

any trouble getting it give me a shout as I'm only in epsom so can drop one off or we can meet up somewhere - it'd be a choice of mag pickups tho - I'll PM you my mobile number in case you need it

Bob[/quote]
Very kind Bob but hopefully I will be fine. Dave/obbm's pickup arrived yesterday and I should be able to instal and test it tonight :)