Why become a member? ×

No longer a feeler - Fender Jaguar for sale

Paul S

I [s]am thinking of[/s] selling my Fender Jaguar. I use either my Power Jazz Special or the Bass Collection more at the moment and, frankly, could do with releasing some cash to help fund some lightweight amp/cabs that I need to get.

Had it from new for a couple of years. I replaced the original creamy white scratchplate with this black one - looks sexier IMO and the bass is now called 'The Panther'. But I still have, and will include, the original. It has only tiny marks on it, nothing much. a little buckle rash at the back - the scratch plate has pick marks on it - they might even polish out, I don't know. One thing I never got around to doing was sorting out the slight hum these jags have when you take your hand off the metal. It is what they do and easily fixed, I am told - I just never did. Currently it has no strings on it - I took off a set of Thomastik flats which I can put back on, or send it stringless for you do use what you like.

I won't list all the doings - active, 2 band eq, 2 pups that can be switched series or parallel. Can also be played passive. Beautiful skinny and thin Jazz profile neck - I think it is similar to the Geddy Lee one - with block inlays. Etc etc. A vast array of sounds available. I believe they don't make these any more.

Anyway - I am thinking £500, including one of those SKB soft/hard cases but excluding postage extra. Any interest out there?

[attachment=76663:jaguarblacksp1.jpg][attachment=76664:jaguarblacksp2.jpg][attachment=76665:jaguarbl
acksp3.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' post='1188060' date='Apr 4 2011, 06:08 PM']Blast! I gave up waiting for one of these and bought an Aerodyne.[/quote]

Amen. I didn't think I'd see one anytime soon. All the best with the sale, this looks a smashing bass.

pop the neck off and send it with parcelmonkey for around £7.50 they use citylink and its a next day service. i have had no problems at all with them and must have used them 25-30 times. you can add insurance for not a lot more if you need it but i have never bothered. it really is a top service and no i dont work for them. ad

I will look into the various postage options and report back - I guess posting to Germany is going to be expensive but I would be prepared to do it - once it is packed for transit it doesn't really matter where it goes. I just get nervous about couriers and postage and the all seem to have a long history of parcel abuse.

Haverhill I'd probably rather deliver it for petrol money and eliminate any risk - which would be a viable option, guys, for anyone within about 100 miles or so. Or meet half way, that kind of thing.

This is a definite 'For Sale' now. I'll dig out the serial number and take more pics if anyone wants any.

[quote name='PerfectionBG' post='1189438' date='Apr 5 2011, 06:27 PM']Im sure a black one wouldnt go a miss in this household.... Ill have to check my piggy bank first, mind! Good luck with the sale - beautiful, especially with the black scratchplate[/quote]

You greedy bugger.
How could you?

Actually that does look bloody gorgeous.

Edited by tarcher

:) I had a little noodle around on it before James came along and, well, nearly changed my mind. It really is lovely - the neck in particular is just *so* nice. But it isn't my #1, and it is too expensive to remain my #2, so it had to go and add to the 'lightweight rig' fund.