Why become a member? ×

OHM 125-watt bass head SOLD

stevie

125-watt OHM head, which was originally part of a combo. I removed the amp section and made a sleeve for it out of ½-inch plywood, which I’ve painted black. I fitted a brand new, comfortable leather handle and rubber feet on two sides. It looks quite pro, even though I say so myself. Although it’s not as light as a Mark Bass, I can pick it up with my little finger using the handle - about 7.5kg at a guess. OHM did make a head version of this amp but it's larger and heavier than this.

I was keeping it as a backup, but as I’m not currently playing in a band this seems a bit of a waste. It is ideal for someone wanting a cheap rig, or as a compact and reliable backup. There are no surface mounted components on the PCBs, which means you could keep it running forever as any audio repair man can fix it should it ever go wrong.

Internally, it bears a remarkable resemblance to the Trace Elliot - it also sounds exactly like my 300-watt Trace, but it just not as loud. Facilities include effects send/return, bi-amp output, slave output, 6-band graphic plus bass and treble, and a compressor with sensitivity and threshold controls. There is some crackling from a couple of the pots but it’s very slight and only happens when you adjust them. A shot of switch cleaner will fix it if it bothers you.

Probably the lowest-ever price for a head on Basschat - £35. I'll give preference to anyone who can collect but could ship for a tenner.

Edited by stevie

Hi Marco.

It's me again! - if only I was young enough to be able to lift it :lol: !! - had one when they came out & I remember it being heavy - but sounded 'fab' :) !!

[quote name='razze06' post='1187812' date='Apr 4 2011, 02:38 PM']Now all the buyer has to do is buy my 2x15 HH cab of the same era for a complete rig :)[/quote]

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='1187816' date='Apr 4 2011, 02:42 PM']Hi Marco.

It's me again! - if only I was young enough to be able to lift it :lol: !! - had one when they came out & I remember it being heavy - but sounded 'fab' :) !![/quote]

MB1. :)
"Danger! Will Robinson! Danger!"