Why become a member? ×

Whats the best bass cover you ever learnt

gub

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1176812' date='Mar 26 2011, 02:02 AM']not really the hardest of songs.[/quote]

it's pretty difficult when you've been playing 7 months haha, plus theres so many small variations in the song it takes a fair amount of time to get it completely right.

the most fun songs to play are primus though, the intro to mr pink by level 42 is really fun to play (and actually easy)

Couldn't imagine not being able to play Wishing Well by Free with the rock band.

Not the hardest of songs but very satisfying to play. Its one of those songs that you can add loads of bits to and vary it each night while still keeping the original feel of it.

The best bassline I've learnt that I only play at home would be something like Siberian Khatru by Yes or The Trooper by Iron Maiden. I'll normally play both at some point if I'm having a play about at home

Edited by Delberthot

Sir Duke. I always thought Id just never be bothered to learn that widdley bit, but then I had to and it wasn't such a big deal, and I really enjoy playing it. It totally grooves and there's room for fun, and I have to play it pretty much most weeks. Glad I bothered now :)

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='1177854' date='Mar 27 2011, 03:03 AM']The one I remember from playing years ago, that is still one of the most impressive songs we did is Mr Blue Sky by ELO. Not bad for a 5 piece covers band.

Used to play the bass, bass pedals and backing vocals (including the high operatic ones), so I had my work cut out![/quote]

I would love to cover an elo number but with no keys i dont think we could do it justice!

When I first heard 'Canned Heat' by Jamiroquai, I thought I'd never get within a million miles, but it turned out to be less of a big deal than I thought. Likewise 'Twisted' , Rhythm Stick and Bilbo's favourite Ain't Nobody.

I'm currently enjoying some of Bernard Edwards lines. I'm working on Everybody Dance, and getting it up to speed and clean (particularly that 32nd-note chromatic run down in the 4th bar) is difficult, but hopefully rewarding.