Why become a member? ×

How many of us go out single handed ??

bassbluestew

Always, and I'd consider it unprofessional not to. (So, if you're not getting paid, doing this for the fun or whatever, then I guess you don't have to.)

Yeah strings can be dealt with in under a minute, not that I've ever broken one. What happened to me was a very drunk (though admittedly very pretty) girl decided to stand on my cable and rip the guts of my Fender out. Cue no bass at all and certainly nothing that I could fix in less than a minute or two. A bad workman blames his tools, you've got to be pretty lousy workman to not even bring the tools.

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/sparkythebunny/FenderDamage2.jpg[/IMG]

If push really came to shove, most bands can play on without a bass*... just as much as I could do without this dumb "we're right and you lot are unprofessional" thread popping up in my in-box all the bloody time. They'd still get paid and more to the point most punters probably wouldn't even notice.

*set re-order may be require

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1323690444' post='1465751']
If push really came to shove, most bands can play on without a bass*... just as much as I could do without this dumb "we're right and you lot are unprofessional" thread popping up in my in-box all the bloody time. They'd still get paid and more to the point most punters probably wouldn't even notice.

*set re-order may be require
[/quote]

There's an 'unfollow this topic' button at the top of the page.

I'd feel like a plank sitting in the dressing room or out in the audience while the band soldiered on without me, just I 'cos couldn't be arsed to pick two basses up (usual exceptions apply).

But, we're all different.

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1323690925' post='1465761']
Yeah sorry, cheers. I'm in a very dark place regarding this forum at the moment.
[/quote]

It's a forum man. Walk away and go outside. :) Hell, even play some bass.*

* As long as it's a 5 string coffee-table bass through a micro head into Barefaced cabinets. :)

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1323696774' post='1465893']
......* As long as it's a 5 string coffee-table bass through a micro head into Barefaced cabinets. :)
[/quote]

Now you're talking. Haha cheers. :)

Btw playing bass is what I do as part of my job now so I have already been there today. (it's tough life I know :))

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1323689401' post='1465730']
A bad workman blames his tools, you've got to be pretty lousy workman to not even bring the tools.

[/quote]

Yeah, not very professional to turn up with a non working bass. Ive said this before but ive actually wired a bass at a gig using gaffa tape. I took the wrong bass to a gig and it didnt have the pup's wired to the pots.

For the record (or poll) i only take one bass to gigs now.

Edited by dave_bass5