Why become a member? ×

the bass centre

looreek

[b][size=3]hi, I'm french and I send this message to The_bass centre members or every people who will read this post.
I'm waiting since one month my bass head amp ordered on 21st february.
I send message and no answer, I call them and the phone is busy all the time.
I'm in doubts with the sérious of this store, so....
I will send another post later to tell you the continuation of the story.[/size][/b] :) :)

Edited by looreek

[quote name='looreek' post='1173207' date='Mar 23 2011, 12:52 PM'][b][size=3]hi, I'm french and I send this message to The_bass centre members or every people who will read this post.
I'm waiting since one month my bass head amp ordered on 21st february.
I send message and no answer, I call them and the phone is busy all the time.
I'm in doubts with the sérious of this store, so....
I will send another post later to tell you the continuation of the story.[/size][/b] :) :)[/quote]
What email address and what telephone number are you using?

Edited by farmer61

I have twice bought items from the Bass Centre, and both times I have had to wait 4-6 weeks for them. Both had shown as "in stock" on their website. When you try to call them to chase information, their attitude and response is terrible. They make British Gas look like paragons of virtue! Needless to say, I will not be bying from them again.

Edited by leonshelley01

I've had a few dealings with the Bass Centre over the years, both as a store and more recently on line.
I've never really had a problem with them or getting to speak to someone.

If the amp was in stock then a month does seem a little long to wait.

Barry, the owner, is a good guy. However, if no one is answering the phone, then I too would be a little concerned.

Hope you get it sorted.

EDIT: If your awaiting delivery in France, then obviously this will take a little longer. I've known a simple letter take 5 or 6 weeks. :)

Edited by SteveK

[quote name='leonshelley01' post='1173240' date='Mar 23 2011, 01:21 PM']I have twice bought items from the Bass Centre, and both times I have had to wait 4-6 weeks for them. Both had shown as "in stock" on their website. When you try to call them to chase information, their attitude and response is terrible. They make British Gas look like paragons of virtue! Needless to say, I will not be bying from them again.[/quote]

I'm always prepared to give places the benefit of the doubt because for every person that complains there could well be hundreds of happy customers, but it's a bit naughty having stuff as 'in stock' on the website when it isn't.

I have ordered three items from the Bass Centre and deliver has ranged from 3 days to four months, with all items being considered as 'in stock' when I ordered them. That said they did phone me regarding delays and they did eventually get everything to me in working order. They are not perfect, but I really don't think they are in the business of ripping people off. I just don't think that the website is always accurate in terms of stock.

[quote name='thodrik' post='1173463' date='Mar 23 2011, 04:07 PM']....They are not perfect, but I really don't think they are in the business of ripping people off. I just don't think that the website is always accurate in terms of stock....[/quote]
When they had their last shop (the one after Wapping) they were getting a lot of bad reports about poor customer care and bad attitude. I believe they messed one of our Chatters about so much he had to threaten legal action to get his money after they sold a bass for him!

With so many "good" companies out there I wouldn't give any company that isn't equally as "good" any benefit of the doubt. Flaky websites and poor delivery times are not good indicators in my book.

I loved them when they were in Wapping, but since they went to Liverpool St (and then Internet-only) I've seen too many of my friends have bad experiences with them.

I, for one, will never use them again....

Edited by cetera

I had a semi bad experience with them, I ordered a combo and a cab from them that were supposedly in stock took about 5 or 6 months to come.

Apparently they were waiting for a delivery from the continent etc and it was their fault but it was still a pain.

They were very nice about it but not terribly helpful.