Why become a member? ×

zoonyboy bass collection

zoonyboy

Here are my working basses. although they don't have too much of a hard life.
My Will Lee is in "Guitar Guitar" for sale @£3200. It has a koa front and is back-loaded, with no control plate, and sports a Brazilian board. All options! Its too modern for me. It was originally £3900. It is exactly as new condition. VAT paid, remember!
The slab P Bass has serial number 0072 on the bridge
The '58 P Bass is one of the last with a 2-tone sunburst
The Jazz is a January '66, one of the first with binding and has "show" written in the neck pocket - I forgot to say it is refinished (at least part refinished), but appears original, as its a good job
The EB-3 is Pelham Blue gone green with age
The Rivoli needs a mute, if anyone has one!
The Music Man Stingray has a flame ash body B00
The Cutlass is B02 and is on many Prefab Sprout recordings
The 1990 Sadowsky belonged to Kermit Driscoll and is a super bass, but up for sale at £1800

I will be posting the Sadowsky in the for sale section soon.
I hope the picture quality on the others is OK!
When I dig out my Ibanez Flying V bass, and my Hagstrom 8, I will post these, also the Ned Callan I can't find..........

Edited by zoonyboy

[quote name='TommyK' post='1173477' date='Mar 23 2011, 04:18 PM']+1

Trade a kidney or lung for the Cutlass???[/quote]

Ifs thats Martys old bass it used to belong to BossHog as well?

Its a stunner i remember passing it up for £700 in about 1993 :)

[quote name='cd_david' post='1173616' date='Mar 23 2011, 06:12 PM']Ifs thats Martys old bass it used to belong to BossHog as well?

Its a stunner i remember passing it up for £700 in about 1993 :)[/quote]
It was Marty's bass, actually Paddy's originally I believe. They used it on Steve McQueen onwards, as far as I know. They used my Stingray prior to that for records, at least for "Swoon".

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1173627' date='Mar 23 2011, 06:26 PM']Whats the action like on the cutlass? Can it be set low?[/quote]
It has a reasonably low action, I don't think it would go ultra low. The neck has a preset amount of relief, which is not adjustable, but makes for a great playing experience without rattle or dead spots. The frets are larger than an early Stingray and the fingerboard is of a larger radius, so it doesn't play exactly like a Stingray, also it isn't through the body stringing. It does sound amazing though!

[quote name='zoonyboy' post='1173677' date='Mar 23 2011, 07:01 PM']It has a reasonably low action, I don't think it would go ultra low. The neck has a preset amount of relief, which is not adjustable, but makes for a great playing experience without rattle or dead spots. The frets are larger than an early Stingray and the fingerboard is of a larger radius, so it doesn't play exactly like a Stingray, also it isn't through the body stringing. It does sound amazing though![/quote]
The through body strung ones are extremely rare. I had one that was made especially for Cliff Williams from AC/DC where they basically stuck a graphite neck onto a 79 body. I've owned another Cutlass I and a Cutlass II and all the basses I've ever played have had bowed necks including the ones I've owned. But I live in hope of finding one with a straight neck one day...