Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Stingray Parts

Clarky72

Did you try Strings and Things?
They should be able to point you in the right UK-direction for an original guard: [url="http://www.stringsandthings.co.uk/"]http://www.stringsandthings.co.uk/[/url]
I'd assume any dealer that carries EBMM would be able to help you out.

[quote name='Clarky72' post='1169231' date='Mar 20 2011, 09:51 AM']Does anyone know where I can get hold of a new black scratchplate for one of my rays?

Ideally I want a real MusicMan part rather than an after market copy but can't find them anywhere on the interweb.... :)[/quote]

[size=4][u][b][url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/category/Pickguards/Musicman,b.html"]Here[/url][/b][/u][/size]

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='1169279' date='Mar 20 2011, 10:41 AM']I suspect it will be easier to get a non origanal part!
EB aint known for supplying stuff like that
Tony[/quote]

This has become a bit of a EBMM myth im affraid, Someone was after a replacement tuner after buying a Ray in our FS section with an incorrect longer style tuner (Who was it are you reading this? :) ) this nonesense came up again, I posted a reply much like this, They emailed strings and things and fitted the correct one within a week :) The same is true if you email EBMM direct too it would seam and they reply to emails quickly.

Dont beleive the hype :lol: Probably easier to get a copy one and cheaper I agree but even still parts are readily available direct, Mark at bass direct can get a full mute set including springs and screws for £25 all genuine EBMM parts for instance.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1169295' date='Mar 20 2011, 10:54 AM'][size=4][u][b][url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/category/Pickguards/Musicman,b.html"]Here[/url][/b][/u][/size][/quote]

Are they official or made by WD Music, do you know?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1169387' date='Mar 20 2011, 12:25 PM']This has become a bit of a EBMM myth im affraid, Someone was after a replacement tuner after buying a Ray in our FS section with an incorrect longer style tuner (Who was it are you reading this? :) ) this nonesense came up again, I posted a reply much like this, They emailed strings and things and fitted the correct one within a week :) The same is true if you email EBMM direct too it would seam and they reply to emails quickly.

Dont beleive the hype :lol: Probably easier to get a copy one and cheaper I agree but even still parts are readily available direct, Mark at bass direct can get a full mute set including springs and screws for £25 all genuine EBMM parts for instance.[/quote]

I had no idea! I'll email Strings&Things then and see if they can help me out!

Do you know if you can swap out the regular bridges for the ones with mutes then?

Cheers

EDIT: hmm, if i did that do they stamp new bridges with your serial number??

Edited by Clarky72

Im not sure if you can buy a complete muted bridge? I bet they would cost a lot if you can and at the moment that might do them harm against ClassicRay sales. They would argue that you cant really break the back plate of the bridge and that all the spare consumable parts are available to repair a non muted version which I guess is fair and why they stamp the serial there.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1169387' date='Mar 20 2011, 12:25 PM']This has become a bit of a EBMM myth im affraid, Someone was after a replacement tuner after buying a Ray in our FS section with an incorrect longer style tuner (Who was it are you reading this? :) ) this nonesense came up again, I posted a reply much like this, They emailed strings and things and fitted the correct one within a week :lol:[/quote]

It was me actually! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=122708&view=findpost&p=1124181""]Clicky[/url] :)

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1169623' date='Mar 20 2011, 04:01 PM']It was me actually! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=122708&view=findpost&p=1124181""]Clicky[/url] :)[/quote]
There you go at then least Im not going mad nor contradictory to popular belief do I talk bollox all of the time ,Just most :)

[quote name='Clarky72' post='1172224' date='Mar 22 2011, 03:42 PM']If you need parts for a Musicman bass just mail these guys. Awesome service!

[email protected][/quote]

As I recall it from the situation as it was a couple of years ago, they're happy to supply replacement parts.

A single tuner or saddle to replace one that's faulty is fine, but you won't be able to buy a set of MM logo tuners or an entire bridge assembly.

Faulty pickups, preamps, necks, bodies... they'll sell you replacements, but it will require the exchange of an identical component... ie. send in a knackered two band preamp and they'll sell you a new two band preamp... send in a rosewood fretted neck and they'll sell you a new rosewood fretted neck. Etc.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='1172240' date='Mar 22 2011, 04:58 PM'].... but you won't be able to buy a set of MM logo tuners ...[/quote]

Er, yes you can actually.

I know this for a fact because I ordered a new set of 4 tuners for my Cutlass a few years ago - the originals had tarnished and gone all creaky and stiff. Mind you it did take a year from making the order to receiving a delivery - but I suspect that was down to the store that ordered them for me being slackers.

[b]Question for Clarky:[/b] the new black scratchplate you got - was it a 'glossy' black one or a 'matt' black one?

[sub]edited for question that I should've put in the post in the first place... Doh![/sub]

Edited by matski

[quote name='matski' post='1172319' date='Mar 22 2011, 05:11 PM']Er, yes you can actually.

I know this for a fact because I ordered a new set of 4 tuners for my Cutlass a few years ago - the originals had tarnished and gone all creaky and stiff.

Mind you it did take a year from making the order to receiving a delivery - but I suspect that was down to the store that ordered them for me being slackers.[/quote]

Nice lineup of gear there!

[quote name='matski' post='1172319' date='Mar 22 2011, 05:11 PM']Er, yes you can actually.

I know this for a fact because I ordered a new set of 4 tuners for my Cutlass a few years ago - the originals had tarnished and gone all creaky and stiff. Mind you it did take a year from making the order to receiving a delivery - but I suspect that was down to the store that ordered them for me being slackers.[/quote]

Well, yes... but you wouldn't be able to buy a set for a Warmoth project, etc. (as I understand it... maybe I'm wrong.)