Why become a member? ×

It says it on the headstock and case BUT...!

I know it says Parker on the case and headstock (in correct font etc) but the design just doesn't look like something Parker would have produced and it does seem a bit odd that he states that it isn't even in the Parker catalogue or website. Could he be phishing for a greedy collector?

The headstock rear is pure Wal and parts of the body look Godin by design... I just can't get my head around the fact it is the same guy who has produced the 'Fly'; an instrument that looks so right as a 6 string guitar but soooooo wrong as a bass :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Parker-PAB40-Acoustic-Bass-Free-shipping-in-USA_W0QQitemZ250210398244QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Parker-PAB40-Ac...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Thoughts on this one?

Edited by warwickhunt

Personally I think the headstock goes better with the design of the instrument than the standard Parker Fly one. At least they haven't simply imposed the generic company designed headstock whatever the rest of the design of the instrument unlike another manufacturer I can think of.

[quote name='Rich' post='133095' date='Feb 3 2008, 04:03 PM']Shame, because the Fly guitar is simply brilliant... if I was a gtrist, I'd have bought one years ago.[/quote]
I was seriously underwhelmed by the Parker Fly g**tar when I had a play on it, although that was because I didn't like the neck.