Why become a member? ×

Fender MIM 60's RI Ltd Edition - now £475 inc P+P

Rumble

Having sold my Status a few weeks ago I bought this as a 'stop gap' given that I didn't have a second bass to fall back on whilst I searched for 'the right' 5 string. Well, wouldn't you know it, the right 5'er did come up just as I was waiting for this to be delivered (BassBlueStews Overwater Perception). Having tried the Overwater a few times now I'm happy to give it a good go so this Fender is surplus to requirement.

Spec:
Fender Mexico, Classic 60's Reissue, Limited Edition Burgundy Mist (colour matched headstock).
Standard pickups replaced with Nordstrand NJ4SE's
Pickup covers and thumbrest added by last owner
Fender Japan bridge (replaced the original Badass)
2 x 500k CTS pots

Also included with the bass is:
White pickguard
Original Fender pickups
Hipshot D-Tuner
Brand new set of Ernie Ball Super Slinkys
Fender gigbag

Condition:
There are a couple of small indents on the back of the bass (see picture), and an under the laquer stain near the 'G' tuner (couldn't really photograph, it's that faint), this is probably buffing compound. Please note that the bridge volume knob is smaller than it should be - I'll include a set of push on alternative control knobs. One of the most fantastic aspects of this bass is the colour which almost has a subtle pearlescent type quality to it changing from a sort of champagne through to a really nice dark burgundy.

Sound:
It's a jazz, and a very good one at that. Lovely bark and bite when required. Sits in the mix very nicely as well.

Price:
[s]£500 + P&P[/s] NOW £475 inc P&P (pickup is also absolutely fine if you're close enough or happy to meet up within reason)
No trades please

[attachment=74794:IMG_2441__50__.JPG]
[attachment=74795:IMG_2442__50__.JPG]
[attachment=74798:IMG_2448__50__.JPG]
[attachment=74796:IMG_2454__50__.JPG]
[attachment=74797:IMG_2457__50__.JPG]
[attachment=74793:IMG_2455__50__.JPG]

Thanks for looking, please get in touch if you have any questions.

Edited by Rumble

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1162421' date='Mar 14 2011, 09:33 PM']WOW.. thats lovely...Those NJ4 se's kick ass too..[/quote]

Haha, they used to be yours!

This bass used to be mine, what an amazing bass, particularly with the Nordstrands.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1163860' date='Mar 15 2011, 11:06 PM']Haha, they used to be yours!

This bass used to be mine, what an amazing bass, particularly with the Nordstrands.[/quote]
HA HA no way!! great to see em traveling around and making basses happy!!

[quote name='Rumble' post='1180711' date='Mar 29 2011, 12:09 PM']How're you getting on with the Status, Marc?[/quote]

Very happy with it. Did the last 3 gigs with it (only for 3 or 4 songs at a time), and it's definitely a killer. It has this incredible piano-like feeling, really fantastic when slapped.