Why become a member? ×

SOLD '72 Fender Precision SOLD

alanbass1

Not sure if I'm going to regret this, but I have decided to downsize my collection. I picked this up in a trade with Molan and it is a great P bass. All original with two exceptions: 1. It has been refretted and the neck refinished (not the front of the headstock with is original finish), and 2. The pickup has been rewound by Wizard pick ups (orginal bobbin/magnets).

The bass plays and sounds fantastic and is a great P Bass, with the wonderful '72 neck profile. Comes with a non original hard case, not great but functional, which is also from the 70's. Looking for £1,700. Heres some pictures:

Edited by alanbass1

[quote name='Clarky' post='1161181' date='Mar 13 2011, 10:58 PM']Lovely bass Alan, would make a great twin with Jesso's gorgeous rosewood necked 73 also for sale. Shame it's 9 years too young for me![/quote]

Yep, and my other P bass 1 year too old!

Oh... my baby! This is a great bass.. classic P through and through.

Some more info - the refret and reck refin was done by Dave Wilson (ex-Overwater). If I had the money, I'd buy it back in seconds.

FWIW, here's a couple of vids of it...

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='Clarky' post='1161203' date='Mar 13 2011, 11:16 PM']I guess I would buy your 62 if you gave me a discount for it being the wrong year :)[/quote]

Unlikley, the '62 was the first bass I ever owned and I will never part with her.