Why become a member? ×

64 P bass... hands up who thinks the seller is f.o.s.

The strange thing about that board is you would think the varnish would stay clean under the string and wear away inbetween the strings and frets where you fingers actually rub. Instead he has a light coloured board except for dirty marks midways between frets and under the string. It's more like guitar wear than a bassist fretting right. Also if the wear is even across all frets why does he have a dirt shadow on the back of the neck suggesting he never played beyond sixth fret? A refret maybe but unstated. Seller hasn't a clue.

Thanks for the reasoning for invisible bids on a private sale WH. I may be paranoid about Shills but I know they're out to get me :-)

£720 with one hour to go.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1160790' date='Mar 13 2011, 06:00 PM']Someone is going to be either bitterly disappointed or blissfully ignorant and happy![/quote]
I'm the high bidder because Norfolk Vintage Guitars said it may in fact be a '63

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1160790' date='Mar 13 2011, 06:00 PM']Someone is going to be either bitterly disappointed or blissfully ignorant and happy![/quote]
Serves 'em right if they are seriously bidding on it and haven't found this page while doing a wee bit of research. :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1160812' date='Mar 13 2011, 06:16 PM']Are you guys all trying to tell me its fake? Oh sh*t[/quote]

Never mind £820 is cheap enough, as that famous vintage guitar dealer in Norfolk will buy it off you for more than you paid... after all they say it's genuine and surely they'd snap your arm off to get a genuine 64 P bass for under a grand! :)

Does anyone apart from me think it'd be a good thing if all us folks here at BC took it upon ourselves to inform the Bay of this and any future dodgyness? I think we have enough people here who can spot the crap being flogged there, and I think it'd being doing the world of bass playing a favour...

[quote name='Beedster' post='1156913' date='Mar 10 2011, 05:10 PM']Seriously, someone email them and tell them that their reputation is rapidly going to s**t[/quote]

Never seen the shop tho... odd... they dont have their own website either. I remember a place down there that did acoustics and nothing else but thought it was long gone.

[quote name='Stag' post='1167857' date='Mar 19 2011, 12:52 AM']Never seen the shop tho... odd... they dont have their own website either. I remember a place down there that did acoustics and nothing else but thought it was long gone.[/quote]

Calling DJV... ever heard of this place / seen it?