Why become a member? ×

Now't Wrong With Tribute Bands

lowdown

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1155832' date='Mar 9 2011, 08:52 PM']No disrespect, Cetera...you couldn't do your act without it. :)[/quote]

It's half the fun.....and I make for a very imposing character! :D :) :lol:

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1155839' date='Mar 9 2011, 08:57 PM']Our singer sounds nothing like Donald Fagen. It gives a slightly different take on the songs.

Just thought I'd mention, a fair few people that have been to SD gigs have not been happy with the different arrangements of their classic songs: Reelin' In The Years being a prime example. But they wrote them, so they can mess with them, I suppose.[/quote]

I certainly wouldn't want to hear SD rip the record..I'd like to see them do something different.
With the studio craft they employed it would be impossible anyway..

I don't get people who want note for note...you might just as well play the CD

Besides, Pete, if you play in a SD type tribute act... then it is a given that you can play...and considering that SD used to hire triple scale Session guys, it will be a tough gig anyway which ever way you handle it....IMV.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1155965' date='Mar 9 2011, 10:17 PM']I certainly wouldn't want to hear SD rip the record..I'd like to see them do something different.
With the studio craft they employed it would be impossible anyway..

I don't get people who want note for note...you might just as well play the CD

Besides, Pete, if you play in a SD type tribute act... then it is a given that you can play...and considering that SD used to hire triple scale Session guys, it will be a tough gig anyway which ever way you handle it....IMV.[/quote]

Nah, it's a stroll in the park.

Innit Pete? :) :)